Did you mean: 

NOT RECEIVING TEXT/SMS AFTER PORTING TO O2

Benson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

it’s been 5days since I ported from my previously used network lycamobile to O2 network. I can make and receive calls, send text but I do not receive text and iMessage is not working.

I’m unable to get verification codes to allow me do important transactions and this is crashing up things for me seriously. I have contacted O2 severally and yet they keep telling me the issue has been escalated but without solution till today. It’s just as if I made the greatest mistake of my life in porting to O2. Please I need your help urgently . Debts are pilling up on me right now as I can’t do transactions that require me to use verification codes to login and get OTP. Save a life now pls…

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @AjayMis199 I will send you a private message so we can check your account 😊

Message 41 of 50

LizStanton
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I ported my number in from EE to O2 on 8th March. Text messages are not always being received, preventing me from setting up new apps that use text messaging as a form of multi factor authentication. It appears to be SMS from non o2 numbers that are not working - O2 ones seem to be getting through.

As with others, my O2 online account shows the correct number, my iPhone is correctly registered and displays the correct phone number, I have tried multiple troubleshooting tips, such as reboots, resets, power cycles, airplane mode, trying the SIM card in another device etc, nothing my side resolves the issue so it certainly appears to be a network issue as many others are also experiencing the same problems.

I have iMessage/Facetime issues too - Activation error messages. 

Please help - this is really having an impact especially banking etc! Thank you 🙂

Liz

@O2Lisa @O2Sarah 

Message 42 of 50

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38288 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@LizStanton wrote:

Hi

I ported my number in from EE to O2 on 8th March. Text messages are not always being received, preventing me from setting up new apps that use text messaging as a form of multi factor authentication. It appears to be SMS from non o2 numbers that are not working - O2 ones seem to be getting through.

As with others, my O2 online account shows the correct number, my iPhone is correctly registered and displays the correct phone number, I have tried multiple troubleshooting tips, such as reboots, resets, power cycles, airplane mode, trying the SIM card in another device etc, nothing my side resolves the issue so it certainly appears to be a network issue as many others are also experiencing the same problems.

I have iMessage/Facetime issues too - Activation error messages. 

Please help - this is really having an impact especially banking etc! Thank you 🙂

Liz

@O2Lisa @O2Sarah 

@O2Emma is on now, @LizStanton - watch out for a message asking for more info. Good luck!

Message 43 of 50

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @LizStanton I will send you a private message to look into this for you .

signature
Message 44 of 50

Ljpr
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. Ported from Vodafone in may, and have not been able to receive texts for over a month now. Would it be possible for someone to contact me about it?  @O2Emma 

Message 45 of 50

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Ljpr I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 46 of 50

Bilbomacuser
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue. Not receiving authentication codes - everything else has been working for 4 days. 

Message 47 of 50

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11492 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Bilbomacuser 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here, and nor is there any o2 support on these forums anymore, you will need to send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), or you can call 202 from your o2 phone

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 48 of 50

Bilbomacuser
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve tried using the message system in the o2 app the last two evenings but haven’t had any response.  Not going to do it on social media. 

Message 49 of 50

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11492 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

Unless you call up, you will have a wait call them tomorrow on 202 from your o2 phone or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone they open at 8am @Bilbomacuser 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 50 of 50