Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT RECEIVING TEXT/SMS AFTER PORTING TO O2

Mitalee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, hope you can help me. I have just ported from Vodafone to o2 on 9 sep 2024. I have a weird issue where my friends are messaging or replying me back to my messages from UK numbers mostly Lycamobile that they have been using for years but I am receiving them from unknown random dutch numbers (new number each time). I switched off on, took sim out, reset network but nothing is helping. Has anyone gone through this? How can I solve please. Please help 🙏🏿

My phone is Samsung z fold 3. I contacted lyca mobile and they said its an o2 issue. I have contacted o2 but no help. 

1000178200.jpg

 Hi Lisa, hope you can help me. I have just ported from Vodafone to o2 on 9 sep 2024. I have a weird issue where my friends are messaging or replying me back to my messages from UK numbers mostly Lycamobile that they have been using for years but I am receiving them from unknown random dutch numbers (new number each time). I switched off on, took sim out, reset network but nothing is helping. Has anyone gone through this? How can I solve please. Please help 🙏🏿

My phone is Samsung z fold 3. I contacted lyca mobile and they said its an o2 issue. I have contacted o2 but no help. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38272 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Mitalee - sounds like the port has got stuck. You will have to contact O2 and get them to rebuild your account, which means you will lose your service for a short while. Best avenue to get this support is via Social Media using just one of the links below:

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@Mitalee 

This has been reported a few times on here but the issue seems to resolve itself after a few days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3