cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving messages from random Dutch number whereas messages are sent from UK friends and family

Mitalee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have just ported from Vodafone to o2 two days ago. I have a weird issue where my friends are messaging or replying me back to my messages from UK numbers that they have been using for years but I am receiving them from unknown random numbers (new number each time).

I switched off on, took sim out, reset network but nothing is helping. Has anyone gone through this? How can I solve please. Please help 🙏🏿 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149026 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions

@Mitalee 

Text messages are usually the last thing to fully port over, so yours may still be in progress.

Give it a couple of days and a few more reboots and see if it corrects itself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Mitalee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much. I have chatted o2. Hope they can fix it. In the meantime I will keep on switching on and off and hope that will work. 

Message 3 of 3