Did you mean: 

NOT RECEIVING TEXT/SMS AFTER PORTING TO O2

Benson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

it’s been 5days since I ported from my previously used network lycamobile to O2 network. I can make and receive calls, send text but I do not receive text and iMessage is not working.

I’m unable to get verification codes to allow me do important transactions and this is crashing up things for me seriously. I have contacted O2 severally and yet they keep telling me the issue has been escalated but without solution till today. It’s just as if I made the greatest mistake of my life in porting to O2. Please I need your help urgently . Debts are pilling up on me right now as I can’t do transactions that require me to use verification codes to login and get OTP. Save a life now pls…

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @NathanGrierson, sorry for the late reply I’ve been on annual leave. 
I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 50

thestarkfactor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am experiencing the exact same issue as a new joiner to O2.

Port took place around 36 hours ago and the vast majority of text messages are not being received, preventing me from setting up new apps that use text messaging as a form of multi factor authentication.

My O2 online account shows the correct number, my iPhone is correctly registered and displays the correct phone number, I have tried multiple troubleshooting tips, such as reboots, resets, power cycles, airplane mode, trying the SIM card in another device etc, nothing my side resolves the issue so it certainly appears to be a network issue as many others are also experiencing the same problems.

I need this resolving promptly or I will be cancelling my contract and migrating back to EE.

@O2Lisa 

Message 22 of 50

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93934 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @thestarkfactor I am sorry to hear this. 
I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 50

_mv_161920_
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I also have the same issue. Moved over from EE as well and have tried all the suggestions on resetting network settings and checking iPhone number settings. I am still unable to receive texts but can send them.

Message 25 of 50

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38288 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@_mv_161920_ wrote:

Hi,

I also have the same issue. Moved over from EE as well and have tried all the suggestions on resetting network settings and checking iPhone number settings. I am still unable to receive texts but can send them.

@O2Lisa may be able to help shortly, keep an eye for a PM from her in the next hour, @_mv_161920_

And tag for @Breanna - more of the same. Would be nice to know if it is O2 side or the original network side that is upsetting things.

Message 26 of 50

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @pgn.

@_mv_161920_ I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you.

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 50

Huw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,  I too now have the same iPhone issue, having ported my number across from Virgin ten days ago (no messages since then!).  More importantly I can't get OTPs etc, as described above by Benson.  I spoke to an extremely courteous o2 employee yesterday, but I was very surprised at his suggested solution/workaround, which involved putting the o2 SIM card into an Android phone, and then amending the o2 messaging options using that Android phone. He clearly knew what to advise straight away, which tells me this is a very common problem.  This is really unacceptable, given the price of phones and contracts these days.  What is being done @O2Lisa about this - by Apple (in particular) and the network providers?  I will be demanding a refund of my first month's charges.  

Thanks,
Huw

Message 28 of 50

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38288 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Huw wrote:

Hi,  I too now have the same iPhone issue, having ported my number across from Virgin ten days ago (no messages since then!).  More importantly I can't get OTPs etc, as described above by Benson.  I spoke to an extremely courteous o2 employee yesterday, but I was very surprised at his suggested solution/workaround, which involved putting the o2 SIM card into an Android phone, and then amending the o2 messaging options using that Android phone. He clearly knew what to advise straight away, which tells me this is a very common problem.  This is really unacceptable, given the price of phones and contracts these days.  What is being done @O2Lisa about this - by Apple (in particular) and the network providers?  I will be demanding a refund of my first month's charges.  

Thanks,
Huw

@Huw - tagging @O2Ryan as the Forum Advisor on duty, keep an eye open for a message to you from him presently (thanks, O2Ryan)

Message 29 of 50

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag @pgn  ill send a message over now.

signature
Message 30 of 50