Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost hours -o2 error moving sim - no service

Roz11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spent 8 hours yesterday on various support calls / messages. On Thursday I switched sim only tariff - this involved a new contract (not happened before) and I moved from iphone11 with SIM card to new iPhone 15 on esim. 
I have had my number since cellnet days. 
So the transfer seemed to work. Overnight I got an email to say my number had been disconnected. Another email said I had a new number and a new account but neither gave any details. 
After hours with support it seems my new account has been opened with a totally different name - so can’t access to find ‘number’ to use to get MY OLD number activated on esim 

I rely on the o2 network as only signal I can get - i make long calls - I can’t now.
last thing I was told was ‘migration’ need to look into this (that will be the 7th department I have dealt with!) and to give it 5 days. WHAT? 

I think I should cancel my NEW contract and switch to Tesco or giff gaff - would lose visual voicemail though!  
any suggestions on how to get this sorted - I am an older 
person and a carer. I can’t keep spending hours waiting for support to answer or listening to endless ‘music’. Thanks in anticipation! 
oh and o2 have given me £10 compensation and it’s in my ‘account’ but it isn’t showing in my ‘old o2 account’. It just gets more complicated. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146988 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Roz11 

Unfortunately only customer services can fix this for you.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Roz11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for helping - but I spent

3 hours onto 202 on a friends phone and was

passed to 3 departments - ending with ‘customer services’ - the chap and I waited 1hr 15m to be connected to another team - without success.  Off call he was

told it was the migration team (so hope

it is as I don’t know the many different teams exist) he emailed that team and ‘created a ticket’ and also informed his manager. He called me back with this info / so thanks to him for that / now I await migration? 
are you suggesting o2 messaging on Facebook may help sorted this?  Thanks 

Message 3 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

O2's Social Media Team are pretty good once you get their attention, @Roz11 - and the 3 ways to reach them are in the link just below, Facebook being one avenue (if you use it). Means you can keep tabs with them every so often without battling the phone queue and muzak. Good luck!

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 146988 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Roz11 wrote:

thanks for helping - but I spent

3 hours onto 202 on a friends phone and was

passed to 3 departments - ending with ‘customer services’ - the chap and I waited 1hr 15m to be connected to another team - without success.  Off call he was

told it was the migration team (so hope

it is as I don’t know the many different teams exist) he emailed that team and ‘created a ticket’ and also informed his manager. He called me back with this info / so thanks to him for that / now I await migration? 
are you suggesting o2 messaging on Facebook may help sorted this?  Thanks 

Yes I am suggesting any of the social media routes @Roz11 

They are separate to the telephone lines and may just be the push needed to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

Roz11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I shall try. I can not leave my home with no service as I have to be contactable

by a vulnerable person in the home.  I will update   Thanks all. 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 146988 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Best of luck @Roz11 

A pay as you go sim from either O2 or another network may work as an interim workaround for you and there's always the complaints route to fall back on if all else fails.

Use Resolver if necessary https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Roz11 

Given you circumstances, you might find this useful :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

You will note that there is a Support Request Form part-way down the page.

Message 8 of 8