Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed mobile number transfer to eSIM

Mariato
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On 31 July  I switched from Pay & Go to Pay Monthly scheme and at the same time ordered the transfer of my mobile number to eSIM. I was given a temporary mobile number and was told that it would be changed to my initial Pay & Go number within 24 hours. On 01 August my Pay & Go number was disconnected from the SIM but had not been transferred to the new eSIM.

Long story short, almost 3 weeks later, after 5 visits to O2 store, 1 complaint via email, 1 direct complaint via phone call to the service center, my mobile number still hasn’t been transferred. During my third visit to the store I was suggested to change eSIM to the normal one to make the transfer easier. Well, it didn’t help. It seems that my initial mobile number is stuck in some kind of limbo.  

Never thought I would be so desperate because of loosing my mobile number, but it has already caused me significant complications like numerous missed deliveries, missed medical appointment, inability to get access to many online services and even some financial loss. Is there even any chance to get my number back?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148828 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@Mariato 

Hundreds of issues with porting currently for some inexplicable reason.

All you can do is keep on to O2.

Social media is a good way to pester them.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93902 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

MI5
  • 148828 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

Best attempted by masochists.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Mariato
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fair point. I’ve done mobile number transfer to eSIM in another country a couple of years ago and had no issues with it, so didn’t expect any troubles this time. Good lesson for me to always check reviews before making decisions which can lead to such drastic changes 

Message 5 of 5