Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drop off keep needing to on off airplane mode on iPhone 15 pro max

Frustratedfool
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a new iPhone 15 pro max, great! Decided to get a new sim as I thought my old sim didn’t have 5G. Put my old sim in & worked a treat 👌 Had a brain relapse and asked for an Esim🤦🏼‍♂️ Couldn’t get it activate. Went to an o2 shop had Sim swapped & worked great👍 Then realised my data kept going off but still had a phone signal. I had to keep toggling airplane mode at 10 minutes to 3 hour intervals and some of my contacts come up as unknown! Back to o2 shop for another Sim change and it is still the same😡 Reset iPhone reset network settings update OS etc. I’m left with a £1200 headache with little help. Can someone please give me hope PLEASE

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Oxonian
  • 7556 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

You are not actually complaining about the complaints' team ; you are pointing out that they have not dealt with the substantive issue and you are asking them to reopen your complaint and to deal with it.  

Message 21 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146956 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

Doesn't work like that.

This is the point you ask for a letter of deadlock and escalate to the Ombudsman.

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 40

John-Green
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had exactly the same problem since 26th October after an upgrade to a Samsung S23. Been through several SIM swaps and resets and referred to technical team who fobbed me off eventually saying they will be in touch once resolved. I submitted a complaint on 21st December but haven't heard anything further.

Interestingly - I've just spent three days in Europe and didn't have this problem - I had a 4G signal and when I lost it on the underground, it came back!

Message 23 of 40

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7556 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@John-Green 

Complaints are said to be running at an eight week turnaround at the moment, so expect a response to yours of 21 December 2023 in the second half of February 2024.  

Message 24 of 40

TuckerKyle
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, I am having a similar issue... Did you ever get it fixed? Currently on my 4th sim. Not even a month into my upgrade.

Message 25 of 40

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7556 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@TuckerKyle 

You need to tag whoever you are addressing that question to, so as it is brought to their attention ; was it @John-Green perchance ? 

Message 26 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I complained and replied within 28 day period and was told I didn’t reply within the 28 days and case is now closed wtf! Really just want to leave O2, it seems the easiest route, or do I keep trying??????????????? 

Message 27 of 40

John-Green
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I complained 21 December and when I contacted them via Facebook messenger they told me it was being looked at but when I followed up over a week later they said they had no record of the complaint. So I sent them a copy of the acknowledgment and a case number and said it had been referred to the technical team. The complaint system and the tech team seem to be hoping everyone just goes away. Pressing flight mode all the time is annoying and not fair with the money we pay.

Message 28 of 40

John-Green
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is a complaint to OFCOM the next step? I've had 3 months of this now.

Message 29 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146956 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@John-Green 

OFCOM don't care.

Escalation process here https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 30 of 40