Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drop off keep needing to on off airplane mode on iPhone 15 pro max

Frustratedfool
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a new iPhone 15 pro max, great! Decided to get a new sim as I thought my old sim didn’t have 5G. Put my old sim in & worked a treat 👌 Had a brain relapse and asked for an Esim🤦🏼‍♂️ Couldn’t get it activate. Went to an o2 shop had Sim swapped & worked great👍 Then realised my data kept going off but still had a phone signal. I had to keep toggling airplane mode at 10 minutes to 3 hour intervals and some of my contacts come up as unknown! Back to o2 shop for another Sim change and it is still the same😡 Reset iPhone reset network settings update OS etc. I’m left with a £1200 headache with little help. Can someone please give me hope PLEASE

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Frustratedfool
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Worth a try, 👍 nobody seems to care or know these days with anything 😞

Message 11 of 40

PineapplePen
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue on my iPhone 13 mini, I have raised a complaint at least 5/6 times and I have been ignored. They won’t let me cancel without charging me however won’t try and help me fix the issue. Did you get anywhere with this?

Message 12 of 40

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

Please keep us updated with developments on your complaint.  

Message 13 of 40

Oxonian
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@PineapplePen 

Welcome to the forum.

Have you worked through all of the suggestions made by @MI5 in this thread ? I would particularly draw to your attention his two suggestions in his post of 27 October 2023 at 19.03 viz :-

- The data drop is only fixed by O2 disconnecting and reconnecting you to the network.

- This may also fix the unknown number issue, but if not, you need O2 to add the CLI presentation bolt on.

Do those help ?

Message 14 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, currently looking into it, had a reply from complaints at least. Going to ask for disconnect & reconnect 🤞

Message 15 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So far I have had a reply saying they are looking into it, I have asked for help with a disconnect & reconnect & awaiting a reply.

Message 16 of 40

Oxonian
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 17 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Developments thus far: As suggested by MI5 I emailed complaints and the reply I got was bitter sweet. Sorry to hear you have had problems here’s £77 credit added to your account!

Great thank you 🤷🏻‍♂️ But what do I do or will you do about my data problem? No reply wtf!

Is this normal practice to fob you off with a bit of token money? Keep the money and sort my data problem out (blood from a stone) best way to go about a disconnect and reconnect without losing my number I’ve had from year dot? 

Message 18 of 40

Oxonian
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

I suggest that you revert to the complaints' team and make it clear that your data problem is far from being resolved.....

Message 19 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

lol  Complain about the complaint’s team! Nothing to lose I guess. Let’s see what happens. I some how know that I’m going to have to leave o2, it’ll be the only way to fix the problem. This pretty much sums life up since the pandemic, any staff in any sector are useless bar a few. Prove me wrong!

Message 20 of 40