Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drop off keep needing to on off airplane mode on iPhone 15 pro max

Frustratedfool
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a new iPhone 15 pro max, great! Decided to get a new sim as I thought my old sim didn’t have 5G. Put my old sim in & worked a treat 👌 Had a brain relapse and asked for an Esim🤦🏼‍♂️ Couldn’t get it activate. Went to an o2 shop had Sim swapped & worked great👍 Then realised my data kept going off but still had a phone signal. I had to keep toggling airplane mode at 10 minutes to 3 hour intervals and some of my contacts come up as unknown! Back to o2 shop for another Sim change and it is still the same😡 Reset iPhone reset network settings update OS etc. I’m left with a £1200 headache with little help. Can someone please give me hope PLEASE

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Boondoggle
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Frustratedfool @MI5 have you managed to make any progress since February? I’ve been having the same problem with my iPhone 14 Plus since December and the same problems with O2’s responses. I would switch away but I need an eSIM and O2 coverage. I don’t think there is anyone else with that combination at the moment? Also how did you find the resolver process? Worth the effort?

Message 31 of 40

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10653 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Boondoggle 

If you need esim and o2 coverage have a look at GiffGaff or esim.net 

The iPhones seem to have a lot of problems with network connectivity and not limited to o2, but other networks globally... 

The only fix we all know of is a network disconnection and reconnection, but the issue is finding someone in o2 CS who can action this..

Beaware Resolver sell data to 3rd parties and also try and sell you added on services..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 32 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147006 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28273 Solutions

@Boondoggle 

Ask Customer Service to escalate it to tech services.

It's the only way it will get resolved and it's not unique to iPhones at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 33 of 40

Boondoggle
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 @madasaf1sh I have been told the 'tech team' is working on it and will contact me within 5 days approximately 20 times and haven't heard anything from them since I first raised the problem in December 2023. Is 'tech services' a different thing? And I was told in my last call with O2 that the disconnect and reconnect process that seemed to solve the problem is no longer possible as their system has updated/changed.

Message 34 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147006 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28273 Solutions

Standard crap from CS @Boondoggle 

Keep trying or leave.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 35 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mate, forget o2 help in anyway ,you’ll lose the will to live! As for on here, it’s a mixed bag. I ended up doing my own disconnect & the reconnect via hoping over to GiffGaff. Taken my number with me & then a month later reconnect back to o2 effectively dis & reconnect quicker and safer. I even managed to get a better deal too 🤣. Lost the will to live waiting, if a jobs worth doing and all that. Good luck 🤞 

Message 36 of 40

Boondoggle
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I will do the same. 

Message 37 of 40

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

So if you are leaving O2 @Boondoggle, you are likely to need :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 38 of 40

ChrisMod
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been plagued by the same issue described in this post for over 6 months now. Multiple complaints raised, several engineering tickets. But today, I think I’ve finally solved it!

I’ve always had a physical SIM in my phone, since upgrading in October (when the problem started). Multiple SIM swaps in the past few months, which hadn’t made a difference.

Today, on my monthly call to chase my ticket (raised last on 4th January) I asked customer services to send me an eSIM digitally to try that. Agent agreed and raised an order, sending a link via email and as a notification through the My o2 app. The call cut off and my physical SIM lost connection. I then clicked the link in the My o2 app to enable the eSIM, removed the physical SIM and restarted the phone. Since then, I’ve not had a data drop, in all the usual places, where previously, I’d be toggling airplane mode on and off to get data signal.

If you’re struggling, try the above and report back. It can be done in a few minutes without having to receive anything physically. Hope this helps someone. o2 have been utterly useless throughout!

Cheers

Chris

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Message 39 of 40

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

I am pleased @ChrisMod that your issue has been resolved. However, it isn't encouraging that you effectively had to solve the problem yourself. 👍

Message 40 of 40