Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad speed on data

MindOfTim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been using o2 for years and my house and garden have always had very quick speeds both on 4G, and as of last year 5G. This changed around a month ago when I noticed my phone dropping from 5G to 4G often but having really slow speeds regardless of which it was using. It takes sometimes minutes to load a Google search and the signal seems to be less a lot of the time here now also (I assume this is related).

O2 say theres no maintainance or cell tower issues so im unsure what i can do (if anything) to figure out why it is like this. Is there any settings I can change to see if thar solves the issue? I haven't changed phone or sim card recently 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@MindOfTim 

Check the guide here to see if anything helps. 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Ssl22uk
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here. My mast is shared with Vodafone and it’s got a fault. Was better on 5G, but they’ve turned it off or down. 12 days on and I’m still none the wiser. 

Message 3 of 4

Ssl22uk
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ps still can’t make or receive calls at all in the EU. But strangely my data is fast and ok. 

Message 4 of 4