Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iMessage Phone number

Woofdoggy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have just moved to O2, I cannot find anyway to message o2 support on the web but that's a conversation for another day.

My sim is active but the iphone will not allow me to add my phone number to message or facetime it just errors, so it is insisting upon using my email address. Anyone know what might be causing this.  

I've restarted the phone, reinstalled the esim, turned phone on and off again, any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10421 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3054 Solutions

@Woofdoggy 

All the ways to message o2 are here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

If it wont let you edit the phone number then you may need to speak to Apple Support via https://support.apple.com also make sure your phone number is updated under Phone >  My Number 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12220 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1135 Solutions

It might be the number on the sim does not match the one you are trying to use @Woofdoggy 

Try going to settings-phone-my number, edit the number, save and reboot your phone.

If you are porting your number, you might need to wait until the port goes through plus a couple of days for all the systems to update.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146000 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@Woofdoggy 

You need to start off with resetting your network settings on the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Woofdoggy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all for the replies. Finally spoke with O2 and they say my sim is fine my number has ported correctly and its a problem for Apple.  Apple say phone is fine, there is nothing blocking the activation on the phone, the numbers match where they say it looks like a sim problem.

I shall try a full phone reset / replace esim and see if either of those works.

I remember now why I binned O2 a few years ago, I got fed up going pillar to post. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146000 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@Woofdoggy 

No need to fully reset your phone, just your network settings.

If everything is working as they say, it may just be a case of waiting a few days for all of O2's systems to catch up and update your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6