Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch mobile plan not working

kcrane
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used the Watch app on the iPhone to set up a mobile data plan for my watch, as per the O2 instructions. I was able to choose a plan (£5 a month) and after a couple of hours I received a text saying it was activated.

However the Watch app on the phone says something went wrong, code 14.

The watch itself says it has no data plan.

The  O2 shop could not help though said they'd seen the same problem before and it needed tech support to fix.

The 202 helpline was unable to fix it, and said I would get a call back. I haven't had a call.

I have tried resetting and restoring the watch, and got the same problem.

I have tried switching on wifi calling on the phone (as I saw that in a similar post) but it didn't help.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Hi @kcrane, I'll message you privately and look in to this further for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@kcrane 

WiFi callings needs to be working - have you checked it is?

Have you got iData active on your account?

You have if visual voicemail works, if not, you don't and need to call O2 to add it.

Also, you need to have a direct debit setup to pay for the phone account and watch.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

kcrane
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply @MI5 , appreciated.

I have Wi-Fi calling switched on (as I saw mention of it on this forum, nothing in O2’s instructions mention it).

I don’t know what iData or visual Voicemail are, but I’ll now look them up and test it as you suggest 👍

i have the debit set up for my phone and watch airtime contracts as I think that is unavoidable, as in O2 won’t provide them without? I already had the watch and phone before moving to an O2 SIM, both bought unlocked from Apple.

Will check more and report back, thanks.

Message 3 of 20

kcrane
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 - I left myself a voicemail (don’t normally have any 😕) then went into the iPhone phone app and looked in the Voicemail tab. There is an entry showing who rang and when, plus the message length. I assume this is visual Voicemail, so I guess I have the iData feature. I also looked under Network Services in the mobile data settings and the APN etc all refer to iData.O2.co.uk

So it looks as though I have Wi-Fi calling, idata, and direct debit.

i only moved to O2 yesterday, as in, that’s when I inserted the O2 SIM and started the process to port my number. So I am currently on a temporary number. Could it be that I have to wait before setting up the watch eSIM?

Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@kcrane 

Yes for sure, wait until your port has completed and your transferred number is fully working (usually at least 24 hours), the go to Settings >Phone >My number and ensure it is correct.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 20

kcrane
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

OK, will wait until my number has moved, then try again.

TLDR: don’t bother with below unless you have spare time 🤗

PS : Settings-Phone-My Number doesn’t seem to pull the assigned number from the SIM, else why can edit it? I am not sure how you interrogate the network operator to find out what number is currently assigned to a SIM.

PPS how do O2 take four days to move a number when others take a few hours? I am trying to think how they think the process works for a regular user as they’ve sent texts to both the temp number and my own number. I can’t have both SIM cards in at once (we’ll, not on an iPhone) so how did the designer of the process imagine it would work? Not really expecting an answer, just musing on the process still not being smooth after about 15 years of smartphones and SIMs 😕

Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@kcrane 

O2 don't push numbers to sim cards so it's a manual operation for the customer to do.

How to find an assigned number here Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

kcrane
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5  @O2Lisa 

I now have my number ported and waited until today to try again.

I get the same issue as before, Set Up Mobile Data on the Watch phone app thinks for a while, transfers me to what look like embedded O2 pages, then tells me it failed, call 202, error 14.

Any further ideas what I can do?

Message 8 of 20

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Hi @kcrane, I'll message you privately and look in to this further for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 20

kcrane
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks 

Message 10 of 20