Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G signal meter

MartinN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm puzzled by the signal meter. Right now the meter doesn't say 5g or 4g and I just has 3 dots rather than bars. Earlier today the bars were replaced by what looked like exclamation marks. I cannot make calls. I'd appreciate any advice. I should add that for reasons which I don't understand, and since I got a 5G sim along with a new iPhone 13, I have a primary and a secondary voice line although I only have one phone number?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

If you have a traditional SIM and an Esim they need to be either on separate networks or separate numbers they can't be the same

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@MartinN 

Have you activated the sim if a new one?

You need to do a sim swap if so Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Otherwise, check for issues in your area O2 Service Status

Guide here Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Sounds like there is no data connection @MartinN  - that is what drives the 4G/5G symbol. The bars or dots just mean you are connected to the network.

I am a little confused about having a second line but only 1 number - do you mean you have a watch or an eSim?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 5

MartinN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Iphone says I have two voice lines, primary and secondary. the secondary is on end d the primary off. I believed I have two because I have a traditional sim and and an e sim, but I'm not sure. If I put both lines which I understood maximised call coverage then the bars on the 4G signal turn into exclamation marks. 

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

If you have a traditional SIM and an Esim they need to be either on separate networks or separate numbers they can't be the same

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5