Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 eSIM yet - desperate!

JJJ_Frustrated
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried to port my eIM to my new iPhone last week.  I was immediately disconnected but no eSIM - having gone to a store and spoken to customer services, I was told that 360 customers could not be issued eSIMs due to a technical fault which had been going on a few weeks, and was sent a plastic SIM.

I'm having to borrow a phone (my work SIM is plastic and only one physical SIM slot), but before I sit in the O2 customer support phone queue to try to get an eSIM again, does anybody know if they're able to be issued now?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Basia1958
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is an appaling service from O2. I need a new sim - okay lets go to the closest O2 store. "Urm no sorry, you are a 360 customer, so have fun driving all the way to Blackburn! Alternatively you can call us on 202!.' Now I have been on the phone for over an hour and I can't get through.

A. Why the rollout of O2/Virgin merger is so poorly done?
B. Why do you have one person working in your call centre (or so it seems)?
C. How am I supposed to get the new sim card?
D. Give me one reason (literally only just one) why should I stick with you O2. I am on a rolling contract now so I won't shed a tear when I will be leaving you next month.

Message 12 of 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37279 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Basia1958 wrote:

This is an appaling service from O2. I need a new sim - okay lets go to the closest O2 store. "Urm no sorry, you are a 360 customer, so have fun driving all the way to Blackburn! Alternatively you can call us on 202!.' Now I have been on the phone for over an hour and I can't get through.

A. Why the rollout of O2/Virgin merger is so poorly done?
B. Why do you have one person working in your call centre (or so it seems)?
C. How am I supposed to get the new sim card?
D. Give me one reason (literally only just one) why should I stick with you O2. I am on a rolling contract now so I won't shed a tear when I will be leaving you next month.

System 360 is a new billing and customer management system, @Basia1958 - nothing directly to do with the VM and O2 merger.

That said, like most things, what VMO2 say and what the shops tell their customers often differ greatly for a few months as things get up to speed (the new O2 SwitchUp scheme is another such example, if you search the forum for that term).

Meantime, you can contact O2 via Social Media, links below this post, or via 202 if Contract, 4445 if PAYG, as you have said, or use the MyO2 app or MyO2 via website.

Meantime, those of us on the Forum, who cannot access your account, can only offer up suggestions to overcome these limitations.

Hope you get a SIM promised today.

Message 13 of 17

Basia1958
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the reply. I was told specifically in O2 shop that this was due to O2 merger with Virgin mobile. I don't know if they were told wrong or were mistaken - it doesn't matter. O2 shoved off half off the customer to 360 system in such a way that half of the customers cannot access their accounts in the shop, unless they go to one specific location, which in my case was 40 miles away. O2 is not the cheapest provider therefore it is reasonable to assume that customer service will be at least bearable - it is not. I drove to O2 shop to fix the issue, they told me they can't do anything, then I spend almost 2 hours on the phone to get my new sim. This is not right and not even remotely excusable. They botched up roll out of 360 - whatever it is, is their problem not mine. The rollout has been going on for quite some time - so I long will it take? I mean at the end of the day there was no way they could have done the process in a much better smoother way for the customers. For example maybe they can employ more people in their customer service? Not like O2 is strapped for cash, eh?

Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions

More feedback for @ColinO2 

Not going all that smoothly so far ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 17

JJJ_Frustrated
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to close this off in case anybody's in the same position - thanks for all the O2 people who have contacted me.

Unfortunately I've got no choice now but to request a PAC and change network.  Apparently O2 advisors cannot help over the phone, I need to go to a 360 store - the closest of which is nearly an hour's drive away.  And I just don't have the time to do that, or the confidence they can even. help (based on my experience last week).

If I've understood correctly, customer services have been advised that customer should try the eSIM swap in the app, and if this doesn't work they have to go to a 360 store.  I've already tried that once, and it left me with no service for several days and only a plastic SIM to replace it, so I'm unwilling to try that again and risk having no service again.  No service means no banking or anything else which needs 2FA including the O2 app.  And obviously no phone calls or SMS or data.

It seems crazy to me that customers are migrated to a system (without their knowledge) which is unreliable, has a technical fault which seems to have been going on for weeks, and there are only a handful of shops in the country able to assist.  

Message 16 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12383 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

@JJJ_Frustrated wrote:

It seems crazy to me that customers are migrated to a system (without their knowledge) which is unreliable, has a technical fault which seems to have been going on for weeks, and there are only a handful of shops in the country able to assist.  

I'd agree that it is crazy, but fits in nicely with what we have seen previously from o2!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 17