Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade phone calls

rockfan88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract is up for renewal on 9/7, on the 30/6 I got a phone call claiming to be from O2 about my upcoming renewal, they knew my name and phone details and walked me through upgrading to the S5. I was told the phome would arrive in 7-10 days and they'd send me a confirmation email.

since then the phone hasn't turned up, I've recieved no confirmation email, the my o2 homepage has said i havent got any orders placed.

and I've recieved about 4 other phone calls, all from different numbers claiming to want to upgrade my contract.

what is going on?, is this a scam? (they didnt take, or ask for any bank details), or has O2 sold my data without permission.

I'm really unsure where I stand with this and as my contract renews tomorrow obviously I want to get it sorted.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you didn't give any bank details at least a scam company can't get access to your account.

I'd ring o2 on 202 Customer Services for assistance and to upgrade.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There are many companies claiming to be O2 and calling up to get customers to upgrade.
Many of them are legitimate O2 approved trading partners but you do occasionally get a scam company.
We always recommend either O2 direct or Carphonewarehouse as you know exactly where you stand with these.
I'd upgrade through O2 as the chances are the previous offer was rejected by O2 (if not legitimate) and that way any further attempts to upgrade it will fail again as you won't be eligible for another 2 years.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you didn't give any bank details at least a scam company can't get access to your account.

I'd ring o2 on 202 Customer Services for assistance and to upgrade.
Message 4 of 4