cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unwanted premium rate texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

have just started receiving texts from 78123 have not opened them as have read you will be charged £3 a week . spoke to someone on livechat yesterday who informed me they had blocked them but received another today . i have not subscribed to this how can i stop this , have also read if i send STOP to number concerned i will still be charged . surely this is not legal.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125824 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions
Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 125824 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Help here.
Pay attention to the part about contacting the regulator, Phonepayplus http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 93947 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Live chat totally misled you, they cannot put a block on any text messages. I'm afraid you need to persue this yourself. Some contact details for you.

Check a Number - Result

PhonepayPlus has the following information about shortcode number:

78123, Keyword - SEXY
Customer care number:0203 598 4322
Customer care email:paul@treasuremedia.co.uk
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you may have clicked on a link on Facebook or some other site

Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 125824 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

And the info provided by phonepayplus states it is £3.00 a week subscription so you need to contact them asap...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

And the info provided by phonepayplus states it is £3.00 a week subscription so you need to contact them asap...

Yes, the OP mentioned that.

@Anonymous you need to call the company and request that your number is removed and that they refund you any monies taken already as you did not wish to subscribe to the service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23954 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Why is Live Chat telling customers that they can do something that is not within their power to do? What is the point in deluding a customer into thinking that their problem has been taken care of when it clearly hasn't? What happened to the supposed 'retraining' that Live Chat were meant be given? Absurd. Just absurd.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Without wishing to go too far off topic, this is exactly how the satisfaction data is fudged.
If the OP had a survey to fill in they would, no doubt, have marked it all excellent as they came away thinking it was all sorted for them.
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 125824 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes, the OP mentioned that.

I know they did and I was confirming it...Smiley Indifferent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14