cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to cancel my old phone data payments!

dave22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a new phone a couple months ago while still paying off the contract for this phone in question, I choose to not trade in the phone and I sold it to a friend for more than what O2 would offer me.

that was all fine and i kept up with the contract for the two phones, however, the phone has been 100% paid off now but they are still charging me for data for a phone and sim that has not been connected to the internet in 2 months, i have tried to call o2 and got nowhere, the online chat box is never available and is always stuck on ''we are trying to connect you''

id prefer not to have to ring o2 again to try to get this settled as I was on the phone for 2 hours last time ( most of witch was spent on hold ) and after that bad experience I'm done with o2's call center.

if someone from o2 could get in contact with me about how to cancel these payments it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance, Dave

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@dave22

The airtime continues after the device plan is paid unless you cancel it.

You must call or write in to O2 to give 30 days notice of airtime cancellation now.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@dave22

The airtime continues after the device plan is paid unless you cancel it.

You must call or write in to O2 to give 30 days notice of airtime cancellation now.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

dave22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

no possible way to cancel it online or via email?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4