cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble cancelling

Anonymous
Not applicable

back in November my contract was due to end and I decided I did not want to renew so I went online and after about an hour of 02 trying to get me to have a new contract actually got it that I didn't want to stay with them. I asked for the puk code too so I could keep my number for the new phone I wanted with  a better deal. I received the code and a couple days later contacted the new provider with the puk code. Had a confirmation email. It wasn't until today I received an email telling me my bill was ready. I checked it was for the account I cancelled in November. I went online chat and asked them to deal with it and asked for the chat from the last adviser showing I had cancelled the account and at the same time asking for the code. What a nightmare, they are saying the account wasn't cancelled and is still active. I asked them to check the older advisers conversation which they said they has and when I asked for a copy they would not send it to me. I'm sure these advisers don't know what they are doing because they are saying I have to give another 30 days notice.. Not sure what else to do to get through that the account was ended and should not exsist anymore?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149503 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
It would appear that either you had the wrong code or the correct code didn't work. This is why your number hasn't moved to your new phone. You only chance now is to speak to O2 and explain the problem. If they can see that you haven't used your old contract since November they may just cancel it off for you but you should call and speak to CS and NOT use live chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Classic case of live chat possibly getting things muddled.

Are you using your original number ok on the alternative network ?

I would ring O2 and get help. Don't use live chat.

The contact numbers are in the contact us tab at the bottom of the forum page.

You may need this link if they are unable to assist.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Help Link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

PAC codes are valid for 30 days.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Louise and welcome to the community.

Edited due to error. Sorry forgot puk v pac.

Others have provided correct advice. 

Sorry

I

Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Online chat is not recommended on here so please call o2 directly and speak to customer services. Should be straight forward enough.
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 149503 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
You can't use a puk to transfer a number - you need a pac. Using a pac will immediately cancel your account so you cannot still been billed. If however you asked for and received a puk, you could still be?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 21

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24004 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

If the OP was asking for a PUK code they wouldn't be going anywhere. It means 'PIN Unlock Key' and has to do with the sim being locked. They should have been asking for a PAC code.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm hoping that was a typo error by the op and await their return to clarify.
Message 7 of 21

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

PUK code is for if you have entered your sim pin too many times and will allow you to unblock your sim and reset the PIN

PAC code is the code you give to your new network to transfer your number over. Some clarification on what code you have actually been given and tried to use would be handy. That said, the receiving network should have identified right away if you tried to give the a PUK code as it would not be the right format (PUK code is just numbers, PAC is 3 letters and then 6 numbers)

Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 149503 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
But it would explain why the contract was still active.
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I done the code to the new provider had confirmation they was dealing with it. This was about two days later. I was told that I would get a bill I'm December this was the 30 days notice time. The number for my new phone is still the new number what it came with so the olds number from the old account hasn't changed over but I can't understand when I ended my contract and then when that was complete I asked for the code.
Message 10 of 21