Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

simplicity con

i have just joined my son's phone to the simpicitity plan of £10.50....but cant top up that amoumt as it wants £15...i am realy angry at o2 as u cant top it up that cost...this is so ridiculous...i have never heard anything so stupid or conning in my life...i am so angry i am changing all my family phones to another network...been wit o2 for years but not happy with them anymore. Smiley Mad
Anonymous

Re: simplicity con

What's wrong with topping up £15 once then use the remaining £4.50 credit to allow you to top up by just £10 for the next nine months? It's not as if you have to top up by £15 every month and the credit on the phone is still yours, so where's the con?
Is it really worth getting so wound up over such a nothing issue? :womanindifferent:
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I agree that o2 could be a bit more flexible in the amounts that can be used to top up, but to accuse them of dishonesty in your first post, when a simple question would have answered your problem is a bit out of order! Smiley Indifferent
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

will take a wild guess and say you must work 4 O2 then !!! thats fine topping up 15 quid if u r watching your textes but i have a son that does not have a clue about these kind of things, so it wld b me that paying £15 every month...and of course o2 is conning u...r u blind..do u understand u can't top up £10.50 !!!! so y have that package....Duh!!!
Anonymous

Nobody on this thread that works for O2 as I am reading it now.
Your post is difficult to read but are you saying your son is likely to go over his text allowance and costing you more? That's not O2's fault
If you wanted him to stop when he runs out of money then Standard PAYG would have been a better answer as you can limit that to £10.
Anonymous

No, I don't work for O2, I just gave your problem a few seconds thought (because that is all it requires) and tried to help. If my solution doesnt work for you because your son cannot be trusted its neither my problem or o2's. The use of an alternative tariff would seem to be the answer, It really isn't hard to resolve. You say con, I say unsuitable tariff.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

will take a wild guess and say you must work 4 O2 then !!! thats fine topping up 15 quid if u r watching your textes but i have a son that does not have a clue about these kind of things, so it wld b me that paying £15 every month...and of course o2 is conning u...r u blind..do u understand u can't top up £10.50 !!!! so y have that package....Duh!!!

My apologies, I had no idea you wouldn't be able to grasp the concept of what I had written, or the simple solution offered by others, any sympathy you may have had has I fear now been exhausted.
Are you sure you want to trust your son with a mobile phone at all :robotindifferent:
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Why don't you just top up with £11 on the top up line then?
I don't see how it's a con though, it's not like o2 are stealing it from you, you still have £4.50 to use, if your son can't be trusted not to use it then that's your issue that needs to be addressed.
Anonymous

if he goes over the limit, top up again, simple as that or as others said, pay as you go. it is your own fault if you think he cant be trusted, you should look at all options but dont blame o2 for this

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,249

You do realise Stuart that this thread is 7 months old?Smiley Wink

Think maybe the OP is well gone now or eaten a large humble pie!Smiley Very Happy