cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denmark - advice needed about data, sim, etc...

Cathyplus2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Second time lucky... forum login lost my first post!!

We are very excited about our first family holiday outside the UK, hopefully coming soon. We are hoping to go to Copenhagen in Denmark, but are unsure what to do about roaming costs/sim cards, etc...

I've read about buying a new sim card (why??), buying an e-sim (why??), buying a bolt-on to the pay monthly contract and that I don't need any of that - so I am totally confused!!

My husband is with Virgin Media/O2, whereas our sons are linked to my O2 family account. 

My account shows 25GB Europe Zone Data, but this isn't listed on any of the other accounts - do they need to do something to activate that option??

I don't want us to get stung with big bills & we can use the free wi-fi in whichever apartment we book, but what about when we're out & about, either texting, searching the Internet, playing games or maybe phoning each other if we split up to see different things??

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks loads, Cathy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7848 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Denmark is included in European Roaming which is standard. No need to buy anything 

1000009800.jpg

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23952 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Cathyplus2 Have the family download WhatsApp on their phones. You can use it over a WiFi connection to call, text, and video call each other or any other WhatsApp users in Denmark, or anywhere in the world for that matter for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3