cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sent iphone back in cool off period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I ordered a iphone 6 plus from o2 but when it arrived the next day I opened it to find a apple iphone s not what I wanted so contacted them and organised it to go back even though you do have a open contract once you've order and agreed online anyway they received it back and now 3 times have tried to close the account so I can re oreer the correct iphone only re ordering it while I still have a open contract is causing it to decline saying I already have a contract with o2 how comes no one at o2 can close a account down even better news its taken so long the first moths direct debit has been debited from my bank for a phone I dont even own I so anhry with o2

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The account should close automatically once they scan the returned phone back in at o2.
Keep chasing CS until you get someone helpful.
I'd suggest you call rather than use live chat too.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous you really have to persevere with O2 ...if you get nowhere then I would put in a complaint asap

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nothing seems easy ordering a phone with O2. I can't believe customer service can't simply close the account down if they have received the phone back.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The account should close automatically once they scan the returned phone back in at o2.
Keep chasing CS until you get someone helpful.
I'd suggest you call rather than use live chat too.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sen't a phone back to carphone warehouse O2 are still charging me although I sent the phone back no one could shut the account down !! then I ordered a phone from O2 which is still being charged at the same tarriff as the old phone only this one is £4 a month cheaper. I have phoned them several times only to be told now they are going to listen to the recording when I ordered my phone I am considering legal action if this matter is not resolved shortly I also recorded the phone call so I guess they better get their lagal department ready because I am not being messed around any longer !!!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone call is inadmissible as evidence legally I'm afraid, but anyway, if you returned it to CPW you should be chasing them to find out why they haven't cancelled your contract too.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6