Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling off period for new sim contract ...HELP please

Dnonomore
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I have been a customer of o2 for 20 years, with 6 lines for myself and my family on contract. This morning i have paid off the remining device plans on 4 devices and switched onto 4 new sim only contracts (30g for £20.99 for 24 months). Within 5 mins of agreeing to new contracts, i called o2 back as i had found the exact same deal via Uswitch (30g for £7.99 12 months) and said i had changed my mind.  Not only are they are not honoring this deal, they are not allowing the 14 day cooling off period, saying that if i cancel the new contract, it will cancel all 4 of the phone numbers!  This is something i cannot do with work commitments etc.  Does anyone have any advice. Im fuming and very disappointed in their approach to a loyal customer. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@Dnonomore 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Dnonomore
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for getting back to me. i dont have any of the above social medias. is ther anything else i can do. I have spoken to customer care and somebody was going to call me straight back but that was a few hours ago and i havent heard anything 

Message 3 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7909 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Forget 'loyal customer' that went a long time ago.

The problem is now will be if these are upgrades then they are right to say that cancelling will also cancel the associated numbers.

Also they will not have the USwitch deal on their system as that has to go through USwitch first before they pass you to O2.

Not sure is CS have the ability to cancel your upgrades and place you back on your original tariff. Going on past experience I would say not.

BTW. It's is doubtful O2 will ring back

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 9

Dnonomore
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so i can do nothing? i cant cancel all 4 numbers and go through the rigmarole of getting new numbers for myself and all my family members. Surely the 14 day period can revert me back to how i was, then i can look to sort it out myself through Uswitch? 

Message 5 of 9

Enlli
  • 7909 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

That would be the idea solution, whether the system allows it and whether you get an agent clued up enough is the question.

That's one reason we suggest Social Media, the team is UK based and seems to be better trained.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11576 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Dnonomore 

Once you upgrade there is no way to put you back on the old tariff, and this has been the case for the past god knows how long (and to be fair all networks are the same) 

So you will either have to get them to put you on a 30 day sim only whilst you go through the uSwitch process, or get a PAC and go elsewhere, as there are lot of better deals out there outside of o2..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 9

Dnonomore
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the replies. id happily go on 30 day sim only contracts and get it sorted but theyre only offering me 2 options: stay as i am paying £13 x 4 per month more than i need to, or cancel all the numbers. Neither of which i want to do. 

One advisor did txt me a PAC code for one of thelines but said it wouldnt let her do it for the others? 

Message 8 of 9

Enlli
  • 7909 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

To use the PAC code you would need to use in on a cheap payg from another network, take out a USwitch deal as a new contract the get a code from the PAYG supplier to bring your number back in.

Message 9 of 9