Did you mean: 

sasmung buds 2 pro for 1 pound 70 days later still nothing

gadget
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

i understand this is just a o2 consumer forum rather than anything official but im having major problems with o2 CS and am getting nowhere so any advice is welcome

Still awaiting my free gift from 70 days ago contacted CS but all they say is we will contact the relevant department to send the code they do and the code is invalid. Contacted them again on monday saying this they apologised and said the code would be sent in 2/3 days its now friday and no code yet. 

Is my next step to ask to speak to a manager ?

i've spent 6 hrs either on webchat or on the phone speaking to 5 different CS agents and all they say is we will contact the relevant department. and nothing happens.

advice ?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@gadget 

Fully understand your sentiments. Fingers crossed.  

Message 41 of 56

Oxonian
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@gadget 

So has your problem finally been resolved ?

Are you able to give us the season finale as you promised ? 

Message 42 of 56

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was going to wait until it was finally resolved it does seem to be entering the final stages they have finally accepted it is a o2 problem rather than a customer/me problem. 

but this is the latest update 

I was contacted over the weekend by o2 the person who has been dealing with this since Leon went silent.

he informed me that there wasn't a problem with the code he had gone back and spoken to tech support the code was still active in fact he had just attempted to use the code and could confirm that it was accepted.  He even sent me a screen shot of this. 

I told him i had attempted on 4 seperate devices my windows laptop my macbook iphone and ipad and still the code was invalid with error saying no such code exists. I sent screen shots for each device. 

He then said it must be my devices that were the problem and that i would have to go into an o2 store to order on their computer to get the free gift i told him i didn't have the time and as i had already spent 30+ hrs on the phone/email/webchat trying to resolve this i didn't appreciate having to do that as well 

He replied by saying that i would have to do that as it was my devices that were the problem

he wouldn't budge so i reluctantly agreed but also added i would be asking for more compensation.

He didn't reply to that.

Fast forward to the store visit this week and i spoke to claire explained the situation  she told me that you can't log into personal accounts on the store laptops its just a workstation connected to the o2 website/store

She did offer to do the code on my device which i agreed to but she got exactly the same error message she did afew more things on my account and after about an hr told me she had emailed the person who was dealing with my complaint and left notes on my account that the problem wasn't the customer or my devices it was 100% an o2 problem i got the feeling she had dealt with issues like this before.

I had to go to work after the hr long wait in the o2 store when i checked my emails when i got home the person dealing with my complaint had emailed within minutes of claire sending the email saying 

dear x 

I’ve received an update from my colleagues from the O2 store and I am truly sorry this still happening and your yet to claim your £1 Earbuds. 

I have now escalated this to the relevant people and awaiting a response. If your effected by this error then so are others and it needs to be addressed immediately. 

Leave it with me and I will be in contact with a resolution. 

Thanks, 

in conclusion still no further forward but they can't now say its a me problem its an o2 problem

and i will be insisting they compensate me for the trouble and time its taken me to get this resolved. 

apologies for the long post
Message 43 of 56

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 779 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@gadget Can you please drop me a PM with the order number linked to this Gift With Purchase?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 44 of 56

Steve9800
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just phoned o2, they told me they're aware of the problem and are working on it, it should be fixed in 4 weeks and they will notify everyone then!

Message 45 of 56

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i'm not waiting another 4 weeks lol  i should have got a working code nearly 11 weeks ago

so thats not acceptable in my case and if past performance is anything to go by they will say everything is fixed and yet the code still doesn't work and they will blame the customer. 

Message 46 of 56

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

out of interest is it the ADR that we go to once they send a deadlock letter or the 8 weeks have elapsed ? 

Message 47 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@gadget 

The Ombudsman https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 48 of 56

gadget
  • 47 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the info i think some are hoping we just lose interest and forget the freebie and move on

i can only talk for myself on this i'm not the type to do that i'll keep on at them until its resolved 

i got a reply from the guy whose dealing with it via email saying basically theres nothing else that can be done he gave me another code which again didn't work.

My understanding from all my conversations from o2 including from the store  is and its only a hunch 

the code they send out doesn't work if i'm logged into my account but it does get accepted when i'm not logged into my account but obviously theres no way to checkout without logging in. Does the code need to be linked to my account is that the problem ? 

Dave the community manager did say he would see what could be done so i'll wait to see how it can be resolved this coming week

Message 49 of 56

Oxonian
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@gadget 

I am sure that if @Dave-O2 has this on his to-do list it will be dealt with shortly. 

Message 50 of 56