cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on backing up contacts

Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I back up contacts on my mobile phone

I've mentioned this in passing quite some time ago att was going to do it by longhand ie with A4 ruled paper pad & gel pen but didn't get round to it & now not only do I have more contacts I just can't be arsed to do it that pedantic & un-necessary way ..... can you tell me, in words of one sylabble wink how I go about it please

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

ok @MI5 ..... I've connected cable to laptop & Nokia515 phone 

& fallen at the 1st fence

what do I do next please 

Open the PC suite software that I gave you the link for previously, connect the phone to laptop and it should find it automatically.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Open the PC suite software that I gave you the link for previously, connect the phone to laptop and it should find it automatically.

on my phone screen the following comes up

modem mode

sync & connect

memory card

which of the above 3 options do I choose

at the bottom of my laptop screen there is highlighted in 'yellow' autoplay

I'd better warn you my eyes are watery & its not 'cos I've been peeling onions slight_frown

Message 32 of 35

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Sync and connect....

I've done as you say jonsie ..... now there are just too many options for me to describe here

at the bottom screen on my laptop there are 2 AutoPlay download buttons one has a pic of a mobile phone with USB cable attached & the other has a pic of  a screen with buttons to the right a bit like a calendar really & this one has a green circle with a play triangle in it = small size 

Message 34 of 35

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

See if this video helps Jane.

You will be using the cable option to connect but the operations described after connection should be the same.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 35