cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on backing up contacts

Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I back up contacts on my mobile phone

I've mentioned this in passing quite some time ago att was going to do it by longhand ie with A4 ruled paper pad & gel pen but didn't get round to it & now not only do I have more contacts I just can't be arsed to do it that pedantic & un-necessary way ..... can you tell me, in words of one sylabble wink how I go about it please

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
PC Suite
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/nokia-pc-suite/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
PC Suite
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/nokia-pc-suite/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
A person has options from iCloud accounts to gmail and Dropbox to PC suites.

Depending on make and model of phone to what can be chosen.
Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the link MI5 Thanks! very useful & one to which I will no doubt return to - off my own bat so-to-speak

however, silly question I know coming up, so brace yourself = does the phone need to be connected to my laptop ..... I've been having a play with my Nokia & bluetooth is mentioned - now I know I use this when printing off photos from my Nokia at the photo shop in town ..... sorry to have confused myself Confused 

however made progress forward today ie realised it is the word 'technology' that scares the brown stuff out of me as-it-were ..... but determined to master this connecting Nokia 515 to laptop process if indeed it is what I need to do here - well anyway really slight_smile

Message 4 of 35

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can connect phone to laptop with either a cable or via bluetooth.
Both will do the same job.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You can connect phone to laptop with either a cable or via bluetooth.
Both will do the same job.

well Top Gun @MI5 how shall we do this

you will recall I'm somewhat stumped on this phone to laptop via connecting wire thing ..... & if I'm honest it's about time I mastered this particular skill because lots of other things hang on the ability to acheive this

we could pick up where we left off before, I could search for the threads where I was op

but I truly think it'd be better/clearer for me & anyone else out there, seriously doubt that there is mindst you, who like me just cannot grasp the connecting phone to laptop thing with a wire, which I do remember I searched for in the obvious places eg the phone box itself in the bureau = not there nor in the cupboard/drawer I keep all things computer/phone related in terms of black wiring/paper manuals/odds & sods really ..... it is quite possible I wanged the black connecting wire whilst having a sort out of computer/phone related stuff, just trying to sort out the wheat from the chaff ..... I have something which looks like a personal sex toy in black! I blame @aldaweb for this wink he told me to get it off Amazon, which I duly did ..... btw I'm keeping it for posterity :womanvery-happy:

seriously MI5, what's your take on the above

Message 6 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

how do I back up contacts on my mobile phone

I've mentioned this in passing quite some time ago att was going to do it by longhand ie with A4 ruled paper pad & gel pen but didn't get round to it & now not only do I have more contacts I just can't be arsed to do it that pedantic & un-necessary way ..... can you tell me, in words of one sylabble wink how I go about it please

Depends on the phone you have. But if you have an iPhone, its simple. You can use iCloud to backup (amongst other things) your contacts. Whenever you get a new iPhone, you can simply sign in with your iCloud details, and all your contacts are then downloaded from iCloud.

I made a video guide a while back showing how to do this. Although the guide is for iOS 6, the instructions should be the same or very similar slight_smile

Message 7 of 35

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
wispa has a Nokia 515 hence the suggestion to use PC Suite.
Anything else will just confuse the situation here.....
Jane, do you have a cable or not, sorry, it wasn't clear to me from the above?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Anonymous for your thoughtful input

MI5 - I do not have a cable - thank you 

Message 9 of 35

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
OK, so first we need to find / buy / steal a cable.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 35