cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help for my dad please.He bought a new smartphone on pay as you go about 4-5 weeks ago. He is really struggling with it, not comfortable with and frightened of it. I feel sorry for him. Will he be able to take it back and exchange for a back to basics phone?
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

After reading through all the posts, I'd say sell the current  phone, and get him a phone that he's comfortable with. This has nothing to do with age. It comes under the the old adage 'you can lead a horse to water, yadda yadda yadda....' He has to want to learn the technology. If he doesn't, there's not much you can do. You could show him how to do it until the cows come home, but when he's on his own, if he's not comfortable with it, he just won't use it. Get him a phone that will do the things he wants to do with it. If at some point he makes the decision to upgrade, that's the time to get him a more advanced phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Realistically it is unlikely he will be able to take it back as it is a payg.

If he no longer wants it i would recommend he sells it perhaps to CEX and then buys a phone more appropriate to his needs.

Welcome to the Community.
Message 2 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144690 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Not now, unfortunately.
His best idea would be to sell it and buy himself a more basic phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Is this a P&G orcontract as a contract brings it's own problems. Is there anythingwe can possibly help with?

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a pay and go.
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's such a shame if what you say is right that he won't be able to take it back. I'm wondering if he will get some money back if he recycles it??
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you able to let us know what phone it is. Can take a little look for you
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Issues sometimes with online sites you send them off to is they can give one price and amend it saying the phone is not in the condition originally stated.

To sell to CEX you have to become a member so take some I.d with you such as a drivers license , passport or bank card.
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
And am i assuming your dad just wants a phone to call and text with? I.e. does not want to use Internet on it (note all phones pretty much come with some form of Internet access but it can be turned off)
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a sony x peri a e1. Yes dad would be better with a just text,call with a decent camera. I think he wanted a smartphone because that's what everyone has got.
Message 10 of 25