Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2/orange text problems

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Starting last night i had a mate on Orange who everytime she texts me i would get 2 or 3 of the same text. She said she only sent it once. Found out another mate on o2 was getting the same 2 to 3 duplicate texts off her. Thought it was her phone, but then it happened when my sister text me who was also on Orange

Looking at http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/orange it appears orange are having signal issues this last few days, and a few reported that multiple texts are getting sent to their friends. One person said she rang Orange and they said its a problem between O2 and the Orange network

Anyone else experienced this? All other friends not on Orange dont have this problem

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It must be an orange issue then which will hopefully sort itself out soon
Message 11 of 38

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How does Orange/Tmobile/EE work. Do they all share each others masts now?
Message 12 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
For signal yes
Message 13 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish I was getting multiple texts from Orange! My brother 'who's with Orange' texted me this morning to ask if I could pick him up from work? I texted back and said 'Yes just let me know when?' So an hour goes past and he rings me and says 'you coming or what?' Apparently he had replied immediately saying 'pick me up now please!'
So we agrees a pick up point but when I got there I couldn't get parked! So I texted him with a new location, a text which again he didn't get! By the time I found him he had walked half way home!!
Message 14 of 38

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yea seems its all linked to Orange network issues. I got a 2 texts from a friend today. The 2nd was correcting a typo from her 1st text. But i didnt get the 1st text, so didnt know what she was on about. Then later than night it came through
Message 15 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is frustrating when we expect technology such as texts to be instant and fluid all the time.

Thank you for updating.
Message 16 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope it gets resolved for you soon
Message 17 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's still going on this morning, my brother texted me again this morning for a lift to work, again it took an hour for the text to come through!
Message 18 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Frustrating times. 😞
Message 19 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had problems texting people on virgin too. Its been like this, for me, over 5 days! My sister is also on o2 and has the same problems.

Message 20 of 38