Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2/orange text problems

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Starting last night i had a mate on Orange who everytime she texts me i would get 2 or 3 of the same text. She said she only sent it once. Found out another mate on o2 was getting the same 2 to 3 duplicate texts off her. Thought it was her phone, but then it happened when my sister text me who was also on Orange

Looking at http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/orange it appears orange are having signal issues this last few days, and a few reported that multiple texts are getting sent to their friends. One person said she rang Orange and they said its a problem between O2 and the Orange network

Anyone else experienced this? All other friends not on Orange dont have this problem

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Many of the other phone forums I use were also reporting text issues with orange/EE phones so I guessed it was an issue their side...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone still having this issue? I'm getting really frustrated =/

Message 32 of 38

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All seems fine for me now with Orange texts.

Message 33 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just switched from Three (iPhone5) to O2 (iPhone6S) and PAC'd my old number across. Immediately had wierd issues with SMS texts to/from Orange users not getting through (voice calls were fine), so I checked all the usual stuff and even went back into Carphone...tho not a branch with one of their excellent GeekSquad agents.

Finally got around to an on-line chat with O2 and they went straight to the cause: under Settings>>Phone the entry for "My Number" still showed the number with which the phone was originally issued. Duly changed, the problem has gone away!

Apparently it only affects texts to/from certain numbers...so it might not even be Orange specific.

Good idea to make sure that this setting is okay if you have also PAC'd across an old number from another network as you may not be receiving texts you don't know about.

Message 34 of 38

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Thanks for highlighting this but it is the same on any network with iPhones. The temporary number has to be replaced with the original number you port.

Message 35 of 38

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently it only affects texts to/from certain numbers...so it might not even be Orange specific.

It will lmost likely only effect texts from other iPhones as the standard SMS service would send to the sim card number whereas iMessage probably wouldn't be activated properly with a phone / sim number mismatch.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Grandmaster slight_smile

Strange it didn't affect all my SMS contacts, so it must depend on differing protocols and other technical stuff where sometimes the setting matters...and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway, maybe an idea to get the guys at O2 to add something about this to their "Problems using text messaging" page?

Have another Whisky on me slight_smile

Message 37 of 38

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Grandmaster slight_smile

Have another Whisky on me slight_smile

I'll drink to that.....:smileywink:

Message 38 of 38