Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2/orange text problems

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Starting last night i had a mate on Orange who everytime she texts me i would get 2 or 3 of the same text. She said she only sent it once. Found out another mate on o2 was getting the same 2 to 3 duplicate texts off her. Thought it was her phone, but then it happened when my sister text me who was also on Orange

Looking at http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/orange it appears orange are having signal issues this last few days, and a few reported that multiple texts are getting sent to their friends. One person said she rang Orange and they said its a problem between O2 and the Orange network

Anyone else experienced this? All other friends not on Orange dont have this problem

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive had problems texting people on virgin too. Its been like this, for me, over 5 days! My sister is also on o2 and has the same problems.

I think Virgin use EE same as Orange

2 people i know rang Orange about this. One CS person said nothing wrong with network, another said its a server problem between Orange and O2 but its an O2 issue. So god knows

Message 21 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
This might sound obvious and doesn't solve the problem but as you both know there are texting issues if a response is needed quickly then perhaps phone each other?
Message 22 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes agreed now we know there is a problem, but that didn't help my brother yesterday when he sat for and hour and half waiting for me to pick him up. And if no one at O2 or Orange will admit there is a problem, how are we supposed to know when we have a reliable network again?
Message 23 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is why I asked the ? Having had problems yesterday you did the same again today

The networks generally get texts delivered quickly but all the networks make clear that texts are not guaranteed to arrive instantly.

It doesn't solve your problem and I appreciate you feel frustrated but until the issue is fixed you do have alternatives
Message 24 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having problems sending texts to my Husband who is on Orange since 17 Apr.  It's really frustrating when I reply to his texts straight away & he then sends another saying 'you haven't replied'.  To add to the frustration I'm also getting some of his texts twice, when he doesn't get one of mine!!  We tried switching our 'phones off & on again, which seemed to work on 18 Apr, but hasn't worked since.  As I work away during the week we rely on texts throughout the day to communicate; our texts are now so hit & miss & I have to add are 'you getting this to every text'! 

Reading everyone's responses there seems to be a problem between Orange & O2, but are they doing anything about it?  Surely the networks should do a bit of investigation & at least put an announcement out to say they're looking in to it??  In fact, I don't think I saw an O2 response within this thread which they sometimes do in other threads!

Message 25 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm guessing @Toby and @Anonymous who are site O2 management will have picked up on this and fed it back up the chain.
Message 26 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you both have smartphones you could try using bbm or whatsapp until the issue is resolved.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently EE are aware of it and put in a fix today, hopefully it should start to get better for everyone.
Message 28 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Good to know @Anonymous 

It's a shame they don't publicise this information...or am I missing something?

Message 29 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if EE have publicied it, but the issue was affecting customers texting other networks from what I can tell from people on my Facebook so it's just an update we were given if anyone called in.
Message 30 of 38