Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2/orange text problems

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Starting last night i had a mate on Orange who everytime she texts me i would get 2 or 3 of the same text. She said she only sent it once. Found out another mate on o2 was getting the same 2 to 3 duplicate texts off her. Thought it was her phone, but then it happened when my sister text me who was also on Orange

Looking at http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/orange it appears orange are having signal issues this last few days, and a few reported that multiple texts are getting sent to their friends. One person said she rang Orange and they said its a problem between O2 and the Orange network

Anyone else experienced this? All other friends not on Orange dont have this problem

Message 1 of 38
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
When a text is sent, the other network (or same network) kind of gives a thumbs up to say "cheers, got it".

Sometimes when there are issues the sending network doesn't get that thumbs up so thinks it hasn't gone through and keeps trying to send it.

More than likely it will sort itself out, just means you'll have to put up with your phone going off more often for the time being.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not had it myself but usually multiple texts indicate a SIM card problem but as orange have been having issues I would say they might still have
Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Duplicate texts have been discussed by other members here yes.

The generic solution is to have a replacement sim actioned.

Or remove the sim and clean it.

Or remove the contact and re enter it.
Message 3 of 38

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Duplicate texts have been discussed by other members here yes.

The generic solution is to have a replacement sim actioned.

Or remove the sim and clean it.

Or remove the contact and re enter it.

I dont think its a SIM issue. Certainly not at my end as another friend has been getting duplicate texts who is on o2. And i have 2 contacts both with Orange who this is happening with when they send me texts.

I do have a friend on EE that this doesnt happen with tho, although i thought EE and Orange were the same masts now?

Message 4 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes masts are congested or at fault which can cause certain issues.

To check O2 put your full postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk

I'm guessing its a glitch and will
Probably resolve itself. Try turning the phones off and on to reboot or toggle airplane mode on and off.
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would say it's a problem that orange are still experiencing and it will more than likely sort itself out
Message 6 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
When a text is sent, the other network (or same network) kind of gives a thumbs up to say "cheers, got it".

Sometimes when there are issues the sending network doesn't get that thumbs up so thinks it hasn't gone through and keeps trying to send it.

More than likely it will sort itself out, just means you'll have to put up with your phone going off more often for the time being.
Message 7 of 38

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yea would explain it as some only come through once, others a few times. Seems Orange have had issues most of the weekend with no signal/delayed texts. And some think o2 are bad grin

Message 8 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are the best slight_smile
Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have got this problem, multiple texts coming through or none coming through, but only with people on Orange. Complete pain tbh

Message 10 of 38