cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 chat from outside of UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 chat is always showing unavailable even during the times the service is shown to be up ( in BST ). Either the service is truly down for the last 2 days or O2 is filtering by IP and making sure people outside UK pay international rates to get to support - this is BS.

And the real reason I am irritated is I got an WP8 phone with no contract and the sales guy at the local o2 shop said i could use any sim ( i understood as unlocked phone) and now that I am in India the phone wont take any sim and o2 wants 15 quid to unlock. For what ? O2 should put big banners that it sells locked phones and charges to unlock.
Not to mention the lack of chat and any transparency in where the process is -is just appaling. I am generally a fan of o2 but this is a load of rubbish service.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

there is no mention of any contract of 12 months on those pages. Also going through the purchase process online nothing flags up . So much for transparency . Its amazing you know these terms from somewhere .. i wonder if you have read GPL all flavors, microsoft licenses, and every other license. Wouldnt hurt to have friends like you :).

Hi again.

From my first link 

If you're a Pay & Go customer, your O2 mobile can be unlocked 12 months after purchase for a one-off £15 fee which we'll deduct from your airtime balance. This policy may vary according to the handset you have purchased.

Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

you are really patient. Thanks again . How would i know if my device had a different set of terrms like it states in the end .

Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as i'm aware only the iPhone carries this exception.

That handset can be unlocked at any time when purchased on PAYG.

Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
also - one would only go to the unlock link at a later stage . its as if u thought and knew u were a freeholder of your house ( and nothing shows up on searches ) but when you try to sell your house u see a clause that you cant ...
Message 24 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
also - one would only go to the unlock link at a later stage . its as if u thought and knew u were a freeholder of your house ( and nothing shows up on searches ) but when you try to sell your house u see a clause that you cant ...

Have a nice evening and take care.

I hope you reach a reasonable outcome.

Wave

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks and you too mate . Cheers.
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

so far i have been very happy with o2 on business and personal accounts for at least 4 years ... now i am begining to wonder what else do they impose in the name of T&Cs that i dont know( not very confidence instilling for the general consumers such as me ) ... i must rethink amazon and may be another provider as well. I might still chat with O2 before i conclude ( oh dear they arent on chat ever from where I am - will have to wait ). Bambino the answer is ofcom.

Message 27 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
How long have you had the phone ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 28 of 28