Did you mean: 

Travel bolt on not workin, no data in USA

VantageUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

UK resident just landed in LA last night. Received the text from O2 saying my travel £6 per day plan is active but it's not working. Connected to AT&T but I'm getting no data, no 5g, 4g, nothing. Relying on WiFi. The 5g symbol flashes up ocassionally but disappears. 

O2 chat was no help, just said to phone them but I can't as no data. Or for whatever reason I can't make any calls even with wifi calling on. 

I can see under settings in the mobile data network tab there's a reset settings button though scared to hit that as there looks to be all kinds of info and passwords i know nothing about.

Can anyone offer any advice?

I should add this bolt on has worked perfectly fine for me last year in LA and Dubai.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

VantageUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah I just solved the problem! Had to change the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk - it was virginmobile before. Guess it got messed up when Virgin switched to O2. 

Might want to let people know though O2!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@VantageUK 

It's what we have been advising here for a long time already.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3