cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 chat from outside of UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 chat is always showing unavailable even during the times the service is shown to be up ( in BST ). Either the service is truly down for the last 2 days or O2 is filtering by IP and making sure people outside UK pay international rates to get to support - this is BS.

And the real reason I am irritated is I got an WP8 phone with no contract and the sales guy at the local o2 shop said i could use any sim ( i understood as unlocked phone) and now that I am in India the phone wont take any sim and o2 wants 15 quid to unlock. For what ? O2 should put big banners that it sells locked phones and charges to unlock.
Not to mention the lack of chat and any transparency in where the process is -is just appaling. I am generally a fan of o2 but this is a load of rubbish service.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No need to be rude, people here are only giving you the facts as they are.

If you don't want the help from here just ignore it and look elsewhere! Smiley Mad

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149629 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

I get a good deal and a usable signal, hence why I'm with O2. If I didn't, I'd go elsewhere.
Generally speaking I always buy my phones sim free too wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

impressive arguments - who are you guys that love o2 so much ? u clearly only ever buy phones in ur life .. do you get paid y o2 or just simply worship for the heck of it slight_smile

We are o2 customers who put a little personal time into the forum to assist and pass on knowledge.

We dont get "paid" but can be rewarded by O2 for helping. Fantastic

I simply go with the network that gives me stable phone signal and 3g and 4g service.

Simple.

Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

would you where to find the terms of the PAYG contract - all i remember is getting a bag from the shop andinserting my old o2 sim.

Message 14 of 28

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

impressive arguments - who are you guys that love o2 so much ? u clearly only ever buy phones in ur life .. do you get paid y o2 or just simply worship for the heck of it slight_smile

You're entitled to think what you like, but trying to deflect from the fact that it was your mistake by attacking us gets you nowhere. Not only that, it gets you no more advice. At least not from me. Zipped

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

would you where to find the terms of the PAYG contract - all i remember is getting a bag from the shop andinserting my old o2 sim.

Is that what your wanting ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile

Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
i dont expect much from you . I see u re an eager community and very helpful indeed. Ultimately I would definitely speak to someone responsible for the job in o2. But the last question is factual - and i cant beleive u dont where to complain for such things. you should ask.
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx . does this apply to PAYG service and the device or is there a different set of T&Cs when buying a new device from O2.

Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thx . does this apply to PAYG service and the device or is there a different set of T&Cs when buying a new device from O2.

This link http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=ref(unlockmymobile) explains O2's stance on unlocking.

I see where your going with this and can only direct you to make your thoughts official by following O2's Code of practice for complaints if you think you were misled in anyway.

Complaint Link.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29,CASE=13668

Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

there is no mention of any contract of 12 months on those pages. Also going through the purchase process online nothing flags up . So much for transparency . Its amazing you know these terms from somewhere .. i wonder if you have read GPL all flavors, microsoft licenses, and every other license. Wouldnt hurt to have friends like you :).

Message 20 of 28