cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Refresh 'early cancelation fee' of £405. Now disconnected and still owe £400 on my device plan!!

ConorKingo2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As of 01/03/17, all of my bills on all devices were payed for and up to date. I got a letter stating i will be disconnected unless an outstanding amount is payed (the letter did not state an amount), however online all bills appeared payed.

Yesterday i was disconnected and went in to an o2 store. According to o2 i have an unpaid device plan on an o2 refresh contract from 2015. However, on 29/02/16 i payed £405 to settle this amount. After looking deeper in to my bill, it turns out that the £405 actually payed an 'early cancellation fee' and not the outstanding device balance. There are no such charges associated with refresh contracts and i have now been disconnected due to a fee i do not owe and a device plan i have payed off to the amount of £400.

Can someone help? or anyone from o2 comment?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention guys! 

@ConorKingo2 have you raised a complaint about this situation with customer services yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the same problem my landline bill is really bad due to them ringing them all the time people teliing my different things i payed my device off but are chargeing me a bill of airtime of 213 which i am refusing to pay i have been told mostly its wrong and it be fix but it hasnt 02 seem to be cluess

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
See your other post here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Airtime-plan-and-bill-issue/m-p/1043563
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 13