cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my allowance shows 2 different values

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

On pay monthly all rounder blackberry bolt on. When I log in to find out what I've used the page says just 3.46mb, however if I go further in to the account in "my bill" and click on my allowance "what I've used" it shows 179mb.  I have twice called customer services about this but the problem still remains.

So the first page Im presented with shows just a tiny amount of data used (3.46mb out of my 500mb) and Im at the end of week two in my billing cycle.  If I am to go on this I have a feeling I would be pretty close to my limit with what I beleive is the true reading shown in view my bill.

Can anyone also please tell me, when sending a balance request txt to "21202" It will quite happily tell me how many mins and txt's I have left but it states "to view data usage go to wap.o2.co.uk/mybalance"...... Which is guess what, unavailable.

Why are we unable to get accurate data usage details either on the move (via txt to 21202) or on the Web?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I log in to 'My mobile' and go to the 'My allowances' section, there is a tab for 'Data' with a graphic of a meter or gauge.  This always shows a current date and time and has always said 'You've used 0KB' and the meter shows '0% used'.

After a month of this, I finally found that if I click on the 'Minutes' or 'Messages' tab (but not, mysteriously, the 'Data' tab) there is a link to 'View details of allowance'.  If I click on that, it shows that I have used 27MB.

I tried raising this anomaly on the 'Chat' system but she didn't seem familiar with the 'My mobile' page at all.

Message 11 of 25

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
And another one:(

I think some maintenance needs to be done here:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Further to this I tried to visit my O2 on my BlackBerry device today and under the section "My allowance and data" when I try to find out how much data I've used this is what the page shows: An error occurred retrieving the Data Allowances for your account, please try again later.

Thai has always been like this and the same happens when you use the txt "21202" service.

How do we check our data usage from the mobile device then? I previously thought it was just a problem with two different values being displayed on the full web site. (see my first post in this thread)
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been any movement on this from O2? There is still no way to check data usage from the mobile device, a txt to 21202 provides a broken link to a wap site and the main web site shows innaccurate information.

3 calls to O2 customer service, 3 promises of an investigation and a call/txt/email back and still nothing.

Excellent customer care.

Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today, the meter on the 'My mobile' finally shows a reading!

The bad news is that, though it shows 1.04MB, a click on 'View details of allowance' says that I've used 28.20MB.  I assume the latter is correct but have no way of knowing....

Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the problems O2 are failing to address. As soon as users login this data meter is presented to them, it is in no way accurate.  The correct data reading is only shown when you go right in to the account/my allowance/what I've used.

Still the WAP Link provided by the txt 21202 service is broken, and still the error message "there has been an error retrieving your data usage" from the mobile device.

2 weeks on and several promises from telephone customer services of an investigation and nothing. Come on O2!

Message 16 of 25

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi devint1966,

Have they said they would call you back at a certain date and failed to do so?

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been told on 2 occasions now that an investigation has been started and promised either a call back or email to tell me of the progress to the investigation.  They've admitted there is a problem but have done nothing about it and I've not had a single call or email from them.

Each time I call it takes upwards of 25mins to go over the problem with them and it's frustrating.

Message 18 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144927 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
One of the problems with Blackberry is that all data goes through BB servers and not O2 servers. Data is also heavily compressed so the amount of data used is almost impossible to calculate. It might explain why you get different values... Just a thought.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still continues; in fact, if anything, it's getting worse.

So far in December, the 'data meter' shows 124kb used, the 'inclusive allownce' page shows 21mb!

Message 20 of 25