cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loyalty team upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have had calls recently from the O2 loyalty team saying they can waver any upfront costs and a better deal for my upgrade but i couldnt decide on a phone. I have now decided what phone i would like but i cant find a way to get through to the O2 loyalty team to process my upgrade as through the normal upgrade process i will have to pay upfront cost for the phone i want. Is there any way i can get in contact with the loyalty team directly?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They also knew my details: tel number, address and asked me the answer to my account's security question so for them to know that i would presume they are O2?

I hope they were O2 or you have just given a scammer access to your account....

In this scenario I would always give an incorrect answer to the password question first and see if they knew it was wrong.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 21 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

they actually knew the security question so didnt really think it could be dodgy 😕

Message 22 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Call me overly cautious if you want, but if O2 have said they have no record of anyone calling you, and you gave whoever did call the answer to your security question, you should now change the question and answer to your security question. Don't presume anything. You can't guarantee it was O2, or a trusted partner. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be great to even be ABLE to talk to retentions. Just have been on hold for several minutes. Don't think O2 care about retaining loyal customers any more because on live chat I was just offered the normal £8 simm option. no discounts despite having been an o2 customer for over a decade.

Tesco mobile here I come

They are most probably still dealing with the iPhone 6 launch and now Note 4 launch. 

Perhaps keep trying or if your sold on Tesco try them out. 

Message 24 of 42

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

they actually knew the security question so didnt really think it could be dodgy 😕

Hopefully not, but it doesn't sound like o2 all the same......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 25 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Mothers maiden name?
But did they know the answer
Message 26 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Mothers maiden name?
But did they know the answer

If they didn't before, they do now. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Just popped back onto this thread...and still feel the same about the call. The key here is as @Bambino said... O2 had nothing on record that they had made a call....then alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Exactly that ^
Message 29 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I am cautious in the extreme now. I very nearly fell for a scam earlier this year from a company who rang me out of the blue wanting to insure my Sky HD box....(it was just out of warranty)

They too knew everything about my account and said they 'worked for Sky'

With a lot of help from people on another forum, Google, Google maps etc etc....it appears they were a company with a terrible reputation....with many bad reports.

All Sky would tell me was 'Only Sky offer insurance on our HD boxes'

I reported them to Sky....but still see posts on there, about this company ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 42