Did you mean: 

Share my Plan

Gurtapinder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I have a 50gb plan with additional 50 from virgin. I'm paying 39pm which I'm out of contract for last 2 months. I use 30gb or less as use wifi at home and work. I am way overpaying for amount I use. I checked my past usage and never over 35gb in last year. 

My kids are getting older and one wants phone while other I want a smart watch for tracking (on spectrum). I have spare phones but will get a watch.

Is there a way of sharing this data? I would need two new sims. I have been with o2 for 15years but loyalty only came in handy few times. This time I brought phone from Samsung so didnt upgrade, so still on old contract.

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7340 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

Sharing data is not a thing on O2.

As you are out of contract you could do an upgrade through the likes of USwitch. Which will bring your price right down

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Gurtapinder 

The one thing that might come in handy for you is to let your kids' 'phones connect to yours via a mobile hotspot and hence use your data. However, this is not a permanent or long-term solution because :-

1. it will only work when the two 'phones are in close proximity. 

2. regular and lengthy spells of "hotspotting" will permanently degrade the battery in your 'phone and replacement batteries are expensive.   

However, it might be useful for sharing data on an "ad hoc" or occasional basis. 

Message 3 of 3