Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone broken charger

Ebritton14
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So my charger has a crack in, and doesn’t work anymore I took it to o2 who said go to Apple , they didn’t replace it. Who’s responsible?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ebritton14

How long have you had the charger? I suppose O2 and Apple could say you broke it yourself.

I don't think you will get anyone to take responsibility for a charger. You may be better off buying a replacement.

Not what you want to hear, but I think that will be the only outcome.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won’t take responsibility, they will just say you have to purchase a new one
Message 3 of 8

LukeR
  • 41 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

use a charger from another device

Message 4 of 8

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the input, but to give my side of things here is the reason I don’t want to buy one. Firstly they’re £20 for 1 metre or £30 for 2 metre. That’s a lot of money. It wasn’t my fault it’s not working properly. It’s just died on me. Also I’m paying nearly £90 for the phone a month. I resign paying for a charger that’s in good condition otherwise. I know I could go to Poundland, but they’re not good for my battery, does insurance include accessories? Or their warranty perhaps. I’m paying £1000 for the phone so I should at least be able to charge it. Thanks in advance
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Insurance policy excess would be £50 minimum, so not a viable option.
Loads on Amazon for a lot less than that.
I'd cut my losses and just order one from there https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=iphone+charger&s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If it is just the cable any mfi certified cable is fine I use ravpower on amazon from official sunvalleytek seller and most come with no quibble warranty some lifetime 

and apple warranty info for accessories that came in the box https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/warranty/products/uk-ireland-universal-warranty.html

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 8