Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

iPhone MMS/Int'l SMS Charges

On my iPhone tariff, I get 500 free SMS a month.

Is it true that I can:

*send texts to abroad, using 4 of my SMS each time?
*send texts FROM abroad, using 4 SMS each time?
*put my SIM in another phone, and send an MMS, using up 4 of my SMS?
*use 4 of my SMS quota to send an MMS when iPhone software 3.0 comes out?

Also, will my girlfriend be able to use her unlimited SMS allowance on her W760i (Online 15 Bonus plan) to do the same?
Anonymous

*send texts to abroad, using 4 of my SMS each time? > no you will be charged international sms charge
*send texts FROM abroad, using 4 SMS each time? > yes u will
*put my SIM in another phone, and send an MMS, using up 4 of my SMS? Yes
*use 4 of my SMS quota to send an MMS when iPhone software 3.0 comes out? Not sure we will know more when details are released from apple but im sure this is how it will work

hope this helps
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

from iphone t&c http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/iphone

Inclusive messages can be used for texts sent in the UK to UK mobiles, and texts sent from abroad. Sending one UK text uses one message and sending one text to the UK from abroad uses four messages.
Texts sent to international numbers from the UK are excluded from the inclusive message allowance and are charged at 12p with ITS
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

With regards to MMS, the people who are testing iPhone Software 3.0 at the moment are getting 4 texts knocked off their allowance per MMS Message sent.

Obviously O2 may choose to charge for this service when 3.0 gets officially released. I very much doubt they would start charging, as other Contracts just deduct 4 texts from your monthly allowance and the iPhone Contract shouldn't be different.