Did you mean: 

iMessage not working after number transfer

SammyxVine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I transferred my number from giffgaff to O2 and everything seems to be working fine except iMessage. I have tried restarting the phone several times, turning iMessage and FaceTime on and off again. I have checked my phone number is correct on settings-phone-my number and the number displayed is correct.
I moved from Vodafone to giffgaff recently before joining O2 and had no issues with iMessage not working.

I’ve tried calling O2 and they’ve been so unhelpful. They told me to speak to Apple. I’ve called Apple and they said the problem lies with O2. Any ideas what the issue is?

I rely on iMessage for work so if it can’t be sorted can I get my PAC code from O2 and move to another network, or will this cause more issues with my number? I don’t want to lose my mobile number as I’ve had it for years.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8147 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

This seems a common complaint on other networks where a SIM has it's number changed after a PAC.

Seems, as above a blank new SIM is the answer.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 21 of 21