Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim processing

Holly333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an upgrade last week with an eSim. The transfer worked however there was a fault on the device so I returned to store for them to replace on Wednesday. They gave me a physical sim card but evidently ordered an eSim as well for reasons unknown. Now the sim is pending and I am unable to make or receive calls or message including iMessages. I have been back to store twice and spoken to customer service for 3 hours on the phone to be told there is nothing they can do other than expedite the eSim activation. I am without a working phone and I am 9 months pregnant. The customer service I have received both in store and on the phone has been abysmal and no one is owning up to their mistake. I need this to be resolved ASAP so that I can leave o2. They have told me I cannot cancel the order as it is not completed and then I suspect it will take me over the 14 day cooling off period in which I can cancel. I need help today

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23928 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Holly333 We are all customers. Sorry to say there's nothing we can do to help you. As frustrating as this is, all you can do is persevere with customer service, who for some reason have become more incompetent day after day.

As you're nine months pregnant and obviously need to have a working phone, all I can suggest is you get a Pay & Go sim from another provider, or from O2 if that's who you get the best signal with as a temporary measure until O2 sorts this mess out for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

Holly333
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I know you are all customers I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same issue. I do not see why I should have to get another sim card when none of this is my fault yet none of them seem to want to help

Message 3 of 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23928 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Holly333 If you do a search on the forum you will see that there have been many customers who have had problems with esims. Cold comfort I'm sure. I agree that you shouldn't have to get another sim, but if you really need to stay in contact, which I'm sure you do at this point of your pregnancy you don't have much choice. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 14

Ahmed6
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Holly,

I'm going through something similar. Customer Service made a mistake in transferring my telephone number to a new iPad that I bought through O2 on a monthly contract, to try and resolve the issue - they tried activating an esim on my mobile phone so I could at least have access to my number whilst they resolve the iPad mess.

The esim made things worse as it has been stuck on 'processing' for over 2 weeks now, I've made multiple calls to O2 and have been in touch with them on twitter and will continue only on twitter as they know my case and tell me they are checking on it daily. 

Somebody with a similar esim 'processing' problem seems to have had their resolved, they said that when their billing date came around, the system reset and the esim completed 'processing' - I suspect that this will also be the case for me but have no way to tell yet as I have another 2+ weeks to wait for my next billing date. I would look out for your next billing date to see if this completes your esim 'processing' stage. 

I hope your case gets resolved ASAP, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that O2 which is a multibillion dollar company cannot seem to resolve this issue which I must say is critical as they know customers have their numbers which they obviously need quite desperate for personal and professional reasons.

Best wishes

Message 5 of 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9007 Posts
  • 203 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Given your pregnancy @Holly333, you might want to read this :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

it does give you a potentially alternative route to contact O2. 👍

Message 6 of 14

OJBridge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Holly333, I’m having this exact same issue and have been for the last 4 days. I’ve been into store on Wednesday and was told it would be sorted the next day or Friday at the latest but nothings changed and after coming on here I don’t have much hope.

Have you tried contacting them on social media as they’ve told me they’ve raised a ticket but are “unable to give me a timescale”. I’m really sorry this is happening to you at such a bad time and it’s so infuriating that no one seems to know what they’re doing. Have you heard anything else from them?

Message 7 of 14

Holly333
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@OJBridge I have been to store 3 times now and spoken to customer service for over 2 hours. Still no timescale I just keep getting told it is being worked on. I have asked them to clarify this as this is not a building, it is surely just the click of a button. Coincidentally each time I have asked to speak to a manager to explain this to me they have hung up. This has happened 4 times. I am in touch with their social media team and I have also raised a complaint but nothing is happening still. I have also asked why this has happened as I did not order a physical sim or an esim but no one can tell me that either. By the time this is sorted I will be out of my cooling off period so I can't even leave them. It is disgusting. I am sorry this has happened to you also. 

Message 8 of 14

Holly333
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 9 of 14

Holly333
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My billing date is the 1st of September which is another week away even after being unable to use my phone for 6 days now. I really hope this is not the case but I am reading the same things as you. I cannot believe they cannot give an actual solution other than wait when you are paying them for this "service". Their customer service department are the most unhelpful people I have ever come across

Message 10 of 14