Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim processing

Holly333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an upgrade last week with an eSim. The transfer worked however there was a fault on the device so I returned to store for them to replace on Wednesday. They gave me a physical sim card but evidently ordered an eSim as well for reasons unknown. Now the sim is pending and I am unable to make or receive calls or message including iMessages. I have been back to store twice and spoken to customer service for 3 hours on the phone to be told there is nothing they can do other than expedite the eSim activation. I am without a working phone and I am 9 months pregnant. The customer service I have received both in store and on the phone has been abysmal and no one is owning up to their mistake. I need this to be resolved ASAP so that I can leave o2. They have told me I cannot cancel the order as it is not completed and then I suspect it will take me over the 14 day cooling off period in which I can cancel. I need help today

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Holly333
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I am unfortunately reading the same things. The worst part is the member of staff who gave me the physical sim card waited until 30 mins after I left the store to order an esim off their own back. This has caused this issue. I have had to buy a PAYG sim for now but plenty of people would not be able to do this which is ridiculous. They will be more than happy to bill me for this period too

Message 11 of 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Holly333 wrote:

@OJBridge 

.............and I have also raised a complaint........ 

The anecdotal information that we hold @Holly333 is that it is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. 

In that period, it is fine to remind O2 that you await a response. However, do not resubmit your complaint as it appears that action resets the clock to zero and the eight weeks starts again. 👍  

Message 12 of 14

OJBridge
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian at least that’s a number. Can I ask why you believe it’s taking that long, has this issue been solved for other users?

Message 13 of 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

The suggestion @OJBridge is that O2 are receiving a lot of complaints, in part because the customer service function is struggling. If you want to know the subject-matter of the complaints, a browse of this forum will give you an indication of current problem areas. 

I do not know whether this issue has been solved for others, but certainly issues with eSIMs arise frequently ; a search of this forum will tell you more ! 👍  

Message 14 of 14