Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

family bolt on grrrrrrr

Had the family bolt on for a few months all worked well untill i decided to change to the extended family bolt on.
Theres no way of just swapping onto the extended you have to cancel the family then restart the extended family,which took five days just to cancel.
Anyway got it canceled and set up the new extended family online,it all went through fine and was charged straight away i so i thought.
Two days later still no bolt on and online still says pending addition so i called customer services,they cant understand why its not worked and refferd it to technical department.
Technical will call you in twenty four hours she says,ok i thought but no call came grrr.
So i called again same again technical will call you in twenty four hours,im still waiting.
So all in all over a weeks messing around and twelve pounds fifty worse off and still no calls,thanks o2.
Anyone got any advice where i go from here.
Many thanks
Splurter
Highlighted
Anonymous

family bolt on grrrrrrr

Also have the same problem as you.

My lot are still pending addition.
Highlighted
Anonymous

still pending

my family has been pending additon for 4 days now!!! and yet o2 have started billing me for it ?

is this normal?

have you guys had a resolve yet?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Can beat you all

my husband has a family bolt on and on November 23 2009 he tried to remove a person so that he could add someone different (me), but all it did was sat as pending removal, we rung customer services who said it can take up to a month. So on December the 26th he contacted customer service to see why it was still pending removal, they said they would pass it to technical. About every two days my husband rings them and although he always gets a name and extension number, no one is ever reachable the second time, and the problem remains. On Monday 18th January my husband telephoned again, and the woman assured him that she would get the number removed from his bolt on. When he checked to see if the number had been removed she had actually removed everyone except the number we had asked to be removed and my husband's family bolt on is set as pending cancellation. O2 don't care, they are still charging for the bolt on, even though no one is getting the free calls and texts.
Highlighted
Anonymous

family bolt on grrrrrrr

I would use O2's complaint review service.
Highlighted
Anonymous

family bolt on grrrrrrr

I would love to know more more about O2's complaint review service, as we have asked and asked the customer service people, both on the telephone and by email, and have been made aware of any complaint review service. We have now told them that it has been going on long enough that if it is not sorted by this weekend we are going to Ofcom. Thanks for you input.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

family bolt on grrrrrrr

[ Edited ]
see this pdf http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/ ... actice.pdf
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

family bolt on grrrrrrr

I would love to know more more about O2's complaint review service, as we have asked and asked the customer service people, both on the telephone and by email, and have been made aware of any complaint review service. We have now told them that it has been going on long enough that if it is not sorted by this weekend we are going to Ofcom. Thanks for you input.

Ofcom don't investigate individual complaints, they will refer you to the Complaint Review Service. Details are in your terms and conditions, on the website and in the document linked to by Adam.
If you still get no joy, then you can use the independent arbitrator Oftel.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Why

Since my last post, my husbands family bolt on has been cancelled without his permission, this has lasted 48 hours then a new family bolt on has been added. My husbands family bolt on has been successfully reinstated and mine and one other member who is also 'O2 Pay as You Go' has been successful, but the two o2 contracts are sitting as 'Pending Addition' and have been for two days. So after two months and one day, all that we have achieved is I couldn't talk to two sons at uni without incurring costs because Family bolt on was faulty, and when trying to remove one member to make space, the system went into melt down, now can't talk without incurring costs to two sons because I am now on the bolt on but they are not because the system has gone into melt down.

For pity sake O2 really need to sort their contract system out. They appear to be running on two systems, billing and customer front end. One is probably platformed on an old billing system and the other on an old on-line package that has been adapted to serve the O2 Family Bolt on changes. The mobile phone industry is worth billions and O2 need to spend time and money to support the technical issues. They should not be relying on old Oracle platforms or similar, whilst trying to integrate new web architectured systems into old legacy systems. I.T. is testing, testing and testing, business may want it now, but without Definition of Business Requirements, Technical and Application Design including feedback from all stakeholders (including end users), Development and User Testing, Rigorous System Testing, UAT, and Operational testing and TRAINING FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS (particularly Customer Service Facing Employees), then what you get is low level participation software that doesn't work. In the last two months+ we have received £80 in refunds for failed promises, I could supply the names and addresses of business analysts, developers, test analysts, test managers, methodologies, protect managers and trainers, who could make their system work. Unfortunately, as O2 are still into the reward the customer for noticing their bad system, rather than supporting the excellence that is available within ICT, and until they embrace the world of ICT we are all going to have to suffer '1999 mentality.