Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim question - sim swap and number porting

insertnamehere
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Background - I'm currently with Three, and wish to run my contract for another 8 weeks until end of contract keeping my existing number with Three.  I had delivered today an O2 pay monthly sim, as I wanted to take up a good 12 month SIMO deal I saw before it ended.

I note from other responses on this forum there shouldn't be any issue with porting my Three number onto an eSim, but in the O2 store where I collected an eSim pack today, they said that I have to port my number onto the physical SIM, then sim swap to the eSim or the port won't work.

My original plan was to initiate the sim swap now, physical to eSim, make use of the data and keep the temporary number for 8 weeks, then port my Three number to the eSim.  Were the O2 store correct and this won't work?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 147042 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

Nothing is ever easy with O2 these days............

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 12

Rod111
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can I ask how you resolved this, as I’m in a similar situation?

Message 12 of 12