cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong SIM sent - need to do some sort of swap?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a new customer to O2 and I was sent a standard SIM with my new phone instead of a micro SIM Smiley Frustrated

I am waiting for the correct SIM to arrive and I was told that I have to contact O2 for some sort of swap to be done.  What is this for and is it necessary if I have not used the original SIM that was sent?

Thanks

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you are:

gcse0004_0002.jpg

I blanked out part of the card number just in case someone could do something with it!

Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very odd I really thought they were only sending out combi sims now
Message 22 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
I got a pack of 20 sims for various tariffs and they were all 4G combined sims. I'm surprised that these are still available.
Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Likewise very odd
Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't surprise me - things never seem to go right first time for me Cat Frustrated

Message 25 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

So have you now been sent the correct sized sim, or gone into an O2 store and picked one up?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 26 of 32

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Can't imagine why they'd even need 4g mini Sims....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently using standard sim in my HTC but want to use sim in Galaxy s3 which is micro size.. Do I just push out the small bit in middle of combi sim which I assume makes it a micro sim and then insert in new phone? Will everything now be same on new phone as was in HTC ?
Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can get free sim adapters from O2 stores. This will make the micro sim back into a normal sim.
Message 29 of 32

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Do I just push out the small bit in middle of combi sim which I assume makes it a micro sim and then insert in new phone? Will everything now be same on new phone as was in HTC ?

Yes, that is exactly what you need to do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 32