cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong SIM sent - need to do some sort of swap?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a new customer to O2 and I was sent a standard SIM with my new phone instead of a micro SIM Smiley Frustrated

I am waiting for the correct SIM to arrive and I was told that I have to contact O2 for some sort of swap to be done.  What is this for and is it necessary if I have not used the original SIM that was sent?

Thanks

Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You'll have to phone O2 or go to an O2 shop for one.

You need a micro sim for this model.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a new customer to O2 and I was sent a standard SIM with my new phone instead of a micro SIM Smiley Frustrated

I am waiting for the correct SIM to arrive and I was told that I have to contact O2 for some sort of swap to be done.  What is this for and is it necessary if I have not used the original SIM that was sent?

Thanks

Hi,

You could pick up a blank sim from any 02 store if you dont want to wait, and they will perform the sim swap for you in store. Takes up to 24 hours after the sim swap for the service to stabilise.

Or do it at home via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ or text SWAP to 20220

This puts your tariff and number on to it.

Message 2 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
O2 don't send mini or micro sims specifically anymore. The only specifics are nano sims.
The sim you received should be a combi sim which is pre cut to both mini and micro size.
You just push out the size you require.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or even standard and micro wink
Message 4 of 32

MI5
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

Standard, mini and micro are all on one card....

sims.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply.

So even though I am going to use my PAC code to transfer my Vodafone number I still need to do this swap?

Message 6 of 32

MI5
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Get the sim sorted first before you PAC your number in.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Apologies Rich never seen a mini sim
Message 8 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Standard, mini and micro are all on one card....

sims.jpg

I did wonder if it might be a 'multi-purpose' card and I did look to see if there was some way of resizing it.  I couldn't see anything obvious - I will check again later.  Hopefully you are right, otherwise I will post a photo to prove that they are still sending standard SIMs!

Message 9 of 32

MI5
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
They certainly shouldn't be sending out old sim cards. They are all now 4G capable (regardless of taking a 4G tariff) and all should be combi's.
Unless, as I say, it's a nano sim.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 32