Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications always declined

Ralph46
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few months ago I was opting to take out a pay monthly plan for an iPhone 15. 
i set up a my o2 account under my current number (which is currently with ID mobile) because obviously the plan was to transfer my number onto the new O2 plan, I went through the entire application process which was accepted and was just about to click the very last button and finish in order to take out the contract. 

I then had a thought of how much an iPhone 15pro would be. As it was not that much difference I cancelled the application for the 15 and opted for the 15pro. After the eligibility check it came up with a delayed decision message that I would have to wait 24hours till a response was made on acceptance. 

After 24hours no decision was made. I then rung o2 customer services (which are about as helpful as a concrete parachute) they insisted that they could keep trying to apply for the plan and hopefully it would be accepted. After around 4 attempts later with the same results! I gave up. And now frustratingly my credit score has dropped since this. 

Recently I have tried setting up a pay monthly sim with O2 on my current phone an iPhone 12 as it’s the only good connection near my place compared to all other providers. This resulted in the same again a declined decision. 

I need to know if it is because My o2 account is somehow a glitch in the matrix because it thinks I have an open contract when I don’t or maybe it’s something else that’s wrong. 

is there any chance I could delete my o2 account and reset the process in the hopes I would be accepted ? 

I can’t believe how hard it is just for them to take my money haha. It’s not like I can’t afford it because I can. I think there’s just been some sort of glitch or issue somewhere. 

if anybody has a solution to this please please offer me some help and advice. 

thank you 

Ralph 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23904 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@Ralph46 Too many applications in close proximity to each other will affect the credit check process. Deleting your account will not help, and may in fact make things worse. You'll probably have to wait at least a month before trying again. You can contact the Payment Management Team. It's doubtful they will be able to help but it can't hurt to try. The numbers are 0800 902 0217/0800 032 5302

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Ralph46
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! 

although it’s been well over 2 months since I applied the 1st time. So not sure why. If I can’t reach a conclusion I’ll just go to Tesco, after searching declined application there’s seems to be plenty of anomalies I.e people being with O2 for 15 years and getting declined for pay monthly sims etc. all seems a bit dysfunctional  

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23904 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

I have to say that not many would argue with you there, @Ralph46. Dysfunctional is a pretty good way to describe how O2 operates at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8936 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Another alternative @Ralph46 is to join O2 on a PAYG package :-

Big Bundles: Eveything you need to know – Help and Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Following the advice of @Bambino, you could then attempt to migrate it into a monthly contract later in the year :- 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Message 5 of 5