Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File Searches by O2

ramjam2005
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone had experience with contacting O2 to correct erroneous information placed on your Credit File (Equifax as in my case) ?

This relates to O2 performing numerous Eligibility Checks by the Offshore CS during phone sales (all of which now fail at the checker stage and preventing me purchasing a second SIM plan for my wife). 

I have checked my Credit File and full report with Equifax, where I have the highest credit scoring possible BUT I noticed a Soft Search by O2 which has an incorrect date of birth, how they got this wrong I don't know, probably the usual poor spoken English by offshore staff !!  How can they mistake November for April??

I have checked "MY O2" profile and had this corrected by them with proof of my Driving Licence. 

I am sure this erroneous D.O.B could have some bearing on O2's internal Eligibility Checker process failingon subsequent purchase attempts.

SO ..question is to whom do I contact at O2 to correct or remove this Data? Equifax have simply said I need to go back to the owners of the data. General Offshore CS Staff are not going to understand this sort of issue so need a more direct route.

Thank You

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93902 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

You need to contact the Credit Referals team on this

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

Or you can write them at

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148797 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@ramjam2005 

Soft credit checks, also known as soft inquiries or soft pulls, can remain on your credit report for 12 to 24 months, depending on the type. However, they are only visible to you and do not affect your credit score or future credit applications. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3