Did you mean: 

Wifi calling at sea

MLM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello there,
I have a samsung S10+ on o2 contract and I work offshore on the oil rigs.
When I am at home onshore my wifi calling is working perfectly.
When I come offshore to work there is no reception at all but we have really good wifi connection with this in mind when I try to get wifi calling on it doesn't work here. The setting is still there to turn on and off but just nothing happens.
I was wondering if you mabe have any suggestions on how to get this working here?
It Would be good to be able to use this feature as there is other crew members here that are on EE and are having no trouble staying connected and receiving all there phone calls and sms. I would like to stick with o2 as I like them better but would be ideal if I could get the full benefit of wifi calling.
Thanks,
Matt
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MLM 

O2 WiFi calling will only work on a UK WiFi network, so if your WiFi is using an international IP address it won't connect.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MLM 

O2 WiFi calling will only work on a UK WiFi network, so if your WiFi is using an international IP address it won't connect.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2