Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is 'at fault'

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was recently away from home for a few days, during which time my mobile bill was due.   Having recently changed banks I had not had time to set up Direct Debit payments.    On the date my payment was due, I logged into my O2 Accounts and made the required payments which were accepted and 'verified by Visa'.

However, I started receiving messages on my 'phones that I had not paid my bills, and, eventually they cut off my services.    Each time I tried to make a call I was just diverted to an automated payment service so could not speak to anyone at O2 to find out what had happened.

During my trip I had no access to the internet so was feeling very cut off.  

Upon my return home I had received 2 e-mails from O2 stating that my payments were not taken as something had 'gone wrong' at my bank and I was told to use an alternative method to pay, and get service restored.

I had managed to make a payment on one of the phones, duplicating my payment, as I assumed.

I visited my bank today, and they investigated there and then as there was nothing on the system as to why the payments were not made, but, after a further telephone call, it was found that the reason the payments were not further authorised because the security code numbers had been incorrectly input by O2 when finally trying to take the payment.    They suggested that O2 telephone the bank for confirmation that they were at fault and not me.

Now, I am a pensioner on State Benefits and cannot now pay my other bill until next Monday (pay day).   Assuming my payment had been taken from my bank account, I used the money as shown available in my account whist away from home.

So, I have suffered a curtailment of my services due to no fault of my own?   O2 chat are telling me the only way to get my service back on is to pay the bill.   So, who has broken their Contract me or o2?   I will also have a late/missed payment registered on my Credit File!

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Anonymous
Not applicable

And having read amici-pat's previous posts, I'm also confused by " I have never been in arrears with any of my accounts" when it seems there's been a similar previous dispute.

I don't understand the confusion about the January bill - if the December amount has not been paid then the January bill will show the previous amount as carried forward and included in the total amount to pay?  Unless amici-pat is actually asking to be disconnected and pay the termination fees? 

At the end of the day, O2's automated reminders don't start threatening £500 termination fees for a payment that's only a week late.  However if the customer were to ask how much the termination fee would be if the contract were to be cancelled, then they'd be told the amount. 

This all seems a bit strange and I wonder if we have the full story....!

Message 101 of 114

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @amici-pat ,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Coordinator here.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with this. Feel free to send me a message and we can see if anything can be done for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 102 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amici-pat I know it's difficult to trust anybody at this point  but I've made Toby aware of the situation and he can help you. Without going into your account we can only guess and let's face it even if we mean well that is not going to help you in any way, and the longer this is left the worse it is. Toby can help you! I wouldn't have flagged it to him if I didn't believe that...

Good luck slight_smile 

Message 103 of 114

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the comments. Yes, I have changed the bank on which my Direct Debits were drawn - downsizing from 2 to 1 account. Have just found something on my o2 online which hopefully I can copy and paste to alleviate much speculation.
Message 104 of 114

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just found out how to reach this on my account:

09 Dec 14airtime1418162443244On-line Card PaymentsPaymentFailed22.59 
10 Nov 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
10 Nov 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
10 Oct 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
10 Oct 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
09 Sep 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
09 Sep 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
11 Aug 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
11 Aug 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
10 Jul 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
10 Jul 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
09 Jun 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
09 Jun 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
12 May 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
12 May 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
09 Apr 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.59 
09 Apr 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
12 Mar 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.00 
12 Mar 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
10 Feb 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.35 
10 Feb 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
09 Jan 14airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.35 
09 Jan 14 N/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived25.00 
10 Dec 13airtimeN/ADirect Debit - 14 daysPaymentReceived22.00 
10 Dec 13 N/ADirect
Message 105 of 114

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So, no problems as suggested. Only error on my part was the amount, I had been quoting £17.46 which was another of my accounts (up to date).
Message 106 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 123053 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @amici-pat  Thank you for posting all that information regarding your account. I know you feel it was necessary .....

I hope now that @Toby is involved he may be able to help you resolve this sad state of affairs. I hope you have been in touch with him as he requested wink Again I wish you the very best of luck with it all...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 107 of 114

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you, yes, I have contacted Toby with a hope of finally sorting this out.
Message 108 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just read this entire thread and remain confused over the conflicting information.

However, the OP mentions both Direct Debit and Verified by Visa.

The Direct Debit scheme is managed in the UK by BACS payment schemes Ltd, so you could contact them for advice.

Verified by Visa implies you used a credit or debit card, in which case the issuing bank should help you and forward the complaint to Visa on your behalf, if necessary.

If you have a good relationship with your bank manager, it will be even easier.

Two easy ways to get free advice and support.
Message 109 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst not wanting to prolong the thread any further I continue to see question marks throughout this thread. And I still do as the payment history shows the payment not going through. There remains queries all the way through.

What really needs to happen is for the complaints team to look at this from a fresh perspective looking at the whole issue as this thread (as @Cleoriff has indicated previously and supported by @rosadosc) has really run its course in terms of what we can offer here.
Message 110 of 114